White NBs

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Is there a chance i'll get a <75,000km white NB?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:07 pm

Yes
34%
No
34%
Don't buy a white sports car!
31%

Total votes: 29

Casey
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Re:

Postby Casey » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:11 pm

Samselectrics wrote:In Canberra for a few days. Saw a very nice white NB8B at old parliment house today.

Canberra seems to be MX5 central. They're everywhere.

Might try and get down to the cafe at old parliment house for a coffee to say hi to you guys if I can pursude the financial controller.

Sam - you probably saw EMM62's NB8B with the M62 fitted (one of two in Canberra). He is a volunteer guide at OPH. Mine was on the north side today taking one of the rabbits to the vet for his yearly shots.

We'll be at the Old Parliment House courtyard cafe about 11am tomoorow. Should be 21 or so of us with fairly equal male/female mix if that helps sway the financial controller.
White SP Image

JSE
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby JSE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:04 am

Call me boring but White and Dark silver are my favourite colours on a car. Can't go wrong with white!

miata
Speed Racer
Vehicle: ND - 2

Re: White NBs

Postby miata » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:58 am

Casey wrote:
MX5MANIAC wrote:So Im on the hunt and i was wondering...how may white NBs are even in Oz, i'm yet to see one on the road. I've seen two for sale on websites, one ages ago, perfect but in Qld (i think someone on here bought it). The other had high Kms...so what are my chances compared to other colours.
Scotty

Actually - there are at least three white NB8B registered here in Canberra. Two are in the club (and only a suburb apart) and I once saw the other on the south side. Was waving like mad expecting it to be Mal's car (EMM62) but then realised it didn't have an intercooler.

If you come to new Parliament house on Sunday at about 9.15 am you should see two of them. From about 10:30 we should have moved onto Old Pariament House. Come join us for a coffee in the courtyard cafe.

miata wrote: 3% discount off insurance because of the colour (or lack of it)

I have never been asked the colour of my car. And I thought I tried all the companies when I lived in Qld :!:. Logically silver should be the most expensive to insure as it is the hardest to see. But when was logic ever allowed to confuse the issue :roll:

And besides, no colour would be black. White is all the colours.

Actually, shades of blue are the least visible (they can blend with the blue metal road), white and yellow, obviously the most visible. The manager of my unit complex is insured with Allianz and gets the discount.
Moderator Qld.
Life Member MX-5 Club of N.S.W. #169
Waiter, I had the soup du jour yesterday and THIS ISN'T IT!

Caffeine
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Caffeine » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:56 pm

Just drove past brookvale mazda. They have a white NB8C for sale, looks hot!
Supreme Blue NB8B, 1:16.98 at Wakefield when stock, but it's not stock any more...

Samselectrics
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re:

Postby Samselectrics » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 pm

Casey wrote:
Samselectrics wrote:In Canberra for a few days. Saw a very nice white NB8B at old parliment house today.

Canberra seems to be MX5 central. They're everywhere.

Might try and get down to the cafe at old parliment house for a coffee to say hi to you guys if I can pursude the financial controller.

Sam - you probably saw EMM62's NB8B with the M62 fitted (one of two in Canberra). He is a volunteer guide at OPH. Mine was on the north side today taking one of the rabbits to the vet for his yearly shots.

We'll be at the Old Parliment House courtyard cafe about 11am tomoorow. Should be 21 or so of us with fairly equal male/female mix if that helps sway the financial controller.

Sorry we missed you guys. We went up to Old Parliment house and did laps looking around but we were obviously early. We left at about 10:55 and went down to Floriade. Great show.

Might catch up with some of you guys at the Interstate challenge
#35 Someone spent billions building these roads and you have to drive on the grass!

Return to “MX5 General Chat”