Parking the car for work

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Outside vs Inside

Poll ended at Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:58 pm

Outside for free and use 800 bucks for mods?
29%
Inside for 800 bucks upfront for the whole year?
71%

Total votes: 17

MVZOOM
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT
Location: Road signs are so hard to read when you are driving quickly....

Re:

Postby MVZOOM » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:12 pm

AJ wrote:
MVZOOM wrote:
rodent wrote:
NMX516 wrote:Frrrrrruuuuck, that's cheap. I rack up around $100 p/day parking in the city. At the bare min, it's $50 p/day.

Do they still have spots available at Wsquare?

To the OP - $800 p/a is nothing. At least you'll have peace of mind.

Cheers - mike

:shock: you ARE sh!tting me.....right???.........are you totally inSANE??? :shock: :shock:

more money than sense :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Nope, sometimes more. I'm not insane and certainly don't have more money than sense (wish I did!). Work pays for my parking and I use valet more often than not. It's worth more to them to have me doing my job than walking to / from car etc. Catching cabs is also a pretty good option, however it works out a little more exe if I need to go from CDB, back across bridge, back to CBD and out etc.. Plus I like driving.

Without a word of a lie, I've had $2.5k month of parking charges. Sydney is horrific - I love it when you go elsewhere and pay like $6 an hour for secure parking, people baulk at that!

Cheers - Mike
'97 LE [R.I.P] - 240kW Mazda3 MPS, BMW E46 M3, Lotus Exige S

rodent
강남 스타일
Vehicle: NA8

Postby rodent » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:52 pm

MVZOOM where in the city do you normally park?? :shock:
It's definitely cheaper for you to rent a spot somewhere. Typical rate from private lessees at World Square is around $60-$80 per week.

Just look out for the little notices wrapped around your nearest lamppost 8)

jonno.

Craig
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Re:

Postby Craig » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:50 am

hot rod wrote:Take your $800 and buy a bomb to park at the station, best decision you'll ever make. Leave your car at home for weekends.

I agree, currently running around in hire cars and the peace of mind driving somebody elses car or having a shitter as a second car just can't be beat! Park it anywhere and ignore it, best 1K you'll ever spend! :)

PaoPee

Postby PaoPee » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:29 am

lol the parking is for a station in the suburbs not actually in town, so hence why im contemplating hahahahah.

yea 800 bucks up front is a huge chunk to be parking round the inner western suburbs lol, one advantage is a get to park net to a boxter, i guess that both good and bad, good as its a nice car to park next to
bad thing i guess its a good car to park next to lol

definetely dont wanna parkin in the city, i hate city traffic period, only ever drive to the city to go to star city lol

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re:

Postby bruce » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:31 am

AJ wrote:
MVZOOM wrote:
rodent wrote:
NMX516 wrote:If the $800 is for a reserved undercover in the CBD, then grab it!! Bargain!!

Agreed! I'm currently paying $180/month for a spot in World Square, which is actually really freaking cheap but still adds up to $2160/year :shock:.
Used to park in Haymarket where I had my top slashed :cry:

jonno.

Frrrrrruuuuck, that's cheap. I rack up around $100 p/day parking in the city. At the bare min, it's $50 p/day.

Do they still have spots available at Wsquare?

To the OP - $800 p/a is nothing. At least you'll have peace of mind.

Cheers - mike

:shock: you ARE sh!tting me.....right???.........are you totally inSANE??? :shock: :shock:

more money than sense :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Mate, some people don't even earn before tax $100 a day. We need some perspective people !

MVZOOM
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT
Location: Road signs are so hard to read when you are driving quickly....

Re:

Postby MVZOOM » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:33 am

PaoPee wrote:
definetely dont wanna parkin in the city, i hate city traffic period, only ever drive to the city to go to star city lol

Yeah - $5 and free childcare..! :lol:

Cheers - Mike
'97 LE [R.I.P] - 240kW Mazda3 MPS, BMW E46 M3, Lotus Exige S

Roodosutaa

Postby Roodosutaa » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Evidently Sydney has become a place where nobody bats an eyelid at roof slashers but everyone starts swearing black and blue upon hearing about cheap undercover secure parking near the CBD.

This is sad....

jules
Guitar Hero
Vehicle: NA6

Postby jules » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:03 am

There's crime and then there's CRIME!

Jules
Founder of the Gold Coast Chapter of the Honourable Brothers of Dodgy.

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:25 pm

Real nice car - parking it outside will have it deteriorate in no time, no matter how well you maintain it. Black is a bad colour to leave in the sun.
So...bicycle or motorcycle not an option? Stolen in a flash I guess.
What sort of reputation does the suburb have? Is it likely to be damaged in the undercover train station car park? Any good spots against walls etc?
Consider approaching nearby elderly pensioner residents with empty garages & offering them $500./year? Drive a hard bargain - insist they wash & polish it as well!
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

Return to “MX5 General Chat”