What have you done today/recently to your 5?

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

mephisto2020
Driver
Vehicle: NC

Re: What have you done today/recently to your 5?

Postby mephisto2020 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:23 pm

Flushed coolant and full service. Still have to wait for the morning to bleed the coolant system more as gwr exhaust is loud. Washed and cleaned out now too.

Trying to work out what to price it for to sell now sadly. I didn't see any other 2.5 nc's go for sale so I have no idea. :(

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:56 pm

mephisto2020 wrote:Trying to work out what to price it for to sell now sadly. I didn't see any other 2.5 nc's go for sale so I have no idea. :(

Will mostly depend on the mileage and condition compared to any similar year cars for sale. The 2.5 upgrade may or may not add a little, depending on finding the right buyer who knows how much that upgrade adds to the car. The crazy increases in most vehicle values of the past couple of Covid years appear to be waning, so you may have missed the boat there. GLWS.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

magenb
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby magenb » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:24 pm

So last 3 weeks is still "recent" right :)
Installed some foil insulation under the carpet. It didn't reduce the heat as much as I was hoping, but it doesn't feel like it's going to burn me every time I going for a long drive . It did reduce road noise a little, which was a nice bonus.

Installed the short shifter, replaced upper and lower rubbers as they were torn.

Swapped in a cheap android auto head unit, turns out the center console is a good place to store/charge the phone.

Swapped in some metal scuff plates and chrome airvents.

And put about 1000 km on it.. given I only did about 6k last year on my old daily, I think I might like it lol.

slug_dub
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby slug_dub » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:40 pm

Long time no see youse :) Still here.

I went to Morgan park a couple of weeks ago. It was raining. Bewdy I thought a chance to practice a bit of slip.

Newp I basically drove so slow it didn't break traction. I'm still too worried about breaking it :D

The American wrote:hella sic stance flushing pard harker yolo something something.

StillIC
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StillIC » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:51 pm

Nice concrete.
WP:1.12.492 SMPN:1.16.403 SMPS:1.05.473 SMPGP:1.53.256 SMPB:2.22.181

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am

Slug Dub is very short!

The American
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB8B - Turbo

Postby The American » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 am

slug_dub wrote:Image

Nice looking Machine!

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:10 pm

I'll do more of a writeup for my build thread, but the Powertune dash installation is progressing nicely. The double-DIN blanking plate is cut, and just need some washers to mount and install the dash in the centre console.

The next trick will be to program it, it is already connected to the Link and the default display is working. I need to find a good block of time (maybe mote than one :wink: ) to build the display I want, I need to find more time to re-install the oil cooler, remote filter and connect the oil pressure/temperature sensors to the auxiliary harness, install a coolant pressor sensor (probably just a binary (warning light) one not a real gauge sensor. The installation of that will happen at the same time as the ditching of the pretend oil cooler (warmer?) the factory fitted.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Return to “MX5 General Chat”