Mechanics west of Brissie???

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Gunie
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NC

Mechanics west of Brissie???

Postby Gunie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:58 pm

G'day folks,

have recently achieved a long term desire, owning an MX5! I recently acquired a mint nick 2006 NC from a top bloke out in Warwick. At present the new 'baby' is sitting under covers in the shed at home as I'm away with work at the moment and not able to enjoy the car.

Does anyone know of a good, reliable and competent mechanic in the Lockyer Valley/Toowoomba region, who they would recommend for work on an MX5?

Cheers
:NC:

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Re: Mechanics west of Brissie???

Postby JBT » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:58 am

There is a Darling Downs Chapter of the MX-5 Club Qld. Might be worth joining the club and meeting up with those folk, and others from all SEQ regions, to enjoy your car in the company of like minded people and to see who they recommend.

There is a DD Chapter drive on 16 Sep 18 leaving from Maccas at Plainland. You can attend up to two runs as a guest to "try before you buy".
https://mailchi.mp/42ec6ac418cc/september-run-for-the-darling-downs-chapter?e=0b0a1aeb54

Code4
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: Mechanics west of Brissie???

Postby Code4 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 am

Highfields mechanical. Toowoomba. They just did the 200k service on my NB8A and service all my cars. They wont automatically replace anything that is still serviceable and will advise when it will need attention. They also give your car a check over everytime. Eg discovered the diff oil was black before it needed a scheduled change. They use top quality parts and oils and cost a bit more but nothing like a dealer. A few motor enthusiasts work there and they have a new dyno. Highly recommended but are out of the CBD.
Never put the top up unless the storm has a name.

Return to “MX5 General Chat”