2019 MX5–anyone actually see one in Oz yet?

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Joeljoel1947
Learner Driver
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Re: 2019 MX5–anyone actually see one in Oz yet?

Postby Joeljoel1947 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Couple more, sorry!!! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Joeljoel1947 wrote:Couple more, sorry!!! :)

Congrats - and don't be sorry, we love photos here!

Joeljoel1947
Learner Driver

Postby Joeljoel1947 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:14 pm

I got my first stone chip on a drive on Sunday through the mountains with some loose gravel. it’s on the far left at the front and it makes me sad. Still, it was a great drive and that’s what I’m hanging on to!
T

Man, it all comes at one point or another! My opticoat guy inspected the whole (literally WAY less then 1k on the car when we bought it) and he found a bunch of fine claw type scratches on the passenger rear view mirror. Must have been a bird, he reckoned. Anyhow he was confident he could fix it with a buffing out and he DID! I got lucky there, but I know the first big wound is immanent! :frown:

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Joeljoel1947 wrote:
I got my first stone chip on a drive on Sunday through the mountains with some loose gravel. it’s on the far left at the front and it makes me sad. Still, it was a great drive and that’s what I’m hanging on to!
T

Man, it all comes at one point or another! ... but I know the first big wound is immanent! :frown:

I was paranoid when I bought my SE a few years ago. It was immaculate. But now... surface scratches, stone chips, small car park dents and so on ... but I can stress less and just enjoy it a lot more ... :wink: :lol:

Joeljoel1947
Learner Driver

Postby Joeljoel1947 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:53 pm

KevGoat wrote:I was paranoid when I bought my SE a few years ago. It was immaculate. But now... surface scratches, stone chips, small car park dents and so on ... but I can stress less and just enjoy it a lot more ... :wink: :lol:

I know, that's how it all works really isn't it? That said, a bird pooped on my hood today and has left a mark, all the way through the opticoat I think, lol! Can't get the final stain out. Sigh.....

d4m0
Driver
Vehicle: ND - RF

Postby d4m0 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Joeljoel1947 wrote:I know, that's how it all works really isn't it? That said, a bird pooped on my hood today and has left a mark, all the way through the opticoat I think, lol! Can't get the final stain out. Sigh.....

You gotta get that stuff off straight away - I'll walk kms before parking under a tree these days! The opticoat guys will help - give them a call. It's not cool it happened so quickly; I'm sure they'll have some good advice.

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Bird Poo is one of the most corrosive substances known to man. Worse than battery acid.
Many years ago I bought a new Corolla Seca. Beautiful medium blue metallic colour. Wife parked it under a tree where she worked. When she came home I noticed the bird poo on it and immediately washed it off but it was too late - the paint damage was permanent.
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Postby Red_Bullet » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Bat crap is worse, if not removed it goes through all layers of paint quite quickly and then corrodes the exposed metal beneath it. This happened to my work ute a few years ago. Sorry boss.

Return to “MX5 General Chat”