30th Anniv. Edition

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

d4m0
Driver
Vehicle: ND - RF

Re: 30th Anniv. Edition

Postby d4m0 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:46 am

mhh wrote:Hi, I’m new here, or at least I haven’t visited for years. I’ve owned an NA and an NC but been out of MX5 for ages. I got my invitation yesterday and jumped on it. Any other order holders here from SA?

I’m not from SA, but congrats! Keep us up to date with delivery dates etc and we want lots and lots of photos (both exterior and interior).

IcarusPoe
Learner Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby IcarusPoe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Has anyone else grabbed a 30AE? Curious as to the process.

Also, has anyone been offered a chance at one and passed?

First post btw, hi all!

pie5
Fast Driver

Postby pie5 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:07 pm

IcarusPoe wrote:Has anyone else grabbed a 30AE? Curious as to the process.

Also, has anyone been offered a chance at one and passed?

First post btw, hi all!

Hi, Welcome.
The offer from Mazda was via email. You must be on their emailing list to receive it.
Once you rang the phone number they provided in the email then they send you and your nominated preferred dealer an email with a reference number. You needed to then pay a deposit to the dealer to confirm your order.

My understanding is if you didn't get the email then you will need to wait and see if there are any left over from the initial pre-order offer. :cry:
2019 Racing Orange 30AE #783
2006 Stormy Blue NC 2.4 GWR Header & Exhaust, Progress Springs, Koni Shocks, Whiteline Sways, Recaros.

IcarusPoe
Learner Driver

Postby IcarusPoe » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 am

Hmm, interesting.

I don't suppose anyone who received an email and passed would want to forward it to me?

I did not receive an invite, but went into my local dealer the day of the announcement and laid down a deposit on a manual contract (no details in their system yet for a proper one). Haven't heard much since, but I do trust them (dealt with them before, always good to me).

Last I heard they were at a dead end after talking to the state manager. It's a case of trying to do the legwork myself now, and according to them anyone's email token will work.

Speaking of cases, I'll throw in a case of beer (of your choice) for anyone feeling charitable :D

apsilon
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby apsilon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am

I've deleted mine but from what I recall there was no special details in it, just a phone number to call. They probably sent out tens of thousands of those "invites".
'97 Neo Green limited edition

paueee
Learner Driver
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Postby paueee » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 am

IcarusPoe wrote:Hmm, interesting.

I don't suppose anyone who received an email and passed would want to forward it to me?

I did not receive an invite, but went into my local dealer the day of the announcement and laid down a deposit on a manual contract (no details in their system yet for a proper one). Haven't heard much since, but I do trust them (dealt with them before, always good to me).

Last I heard they were at a dead end after talking to the state manager. It's a case of trying to do the legwork myself now, and according to them anyone's email token will work.

Speaking of cases, I'll throw in a case of beer (of your choice) for anyone feeling charitable :D

This is the content of the email. I’m not going to get one so didn’t do anything with it.

“The time is now to own a piece of MX-5 history.

As one of our valued customers, we are thrilled to offer you this exclusive pre-order opportunity.

To secure your own 30th Anniversary Limited Edition MX-5 and to find out about pricing, please contact Mazda Australia on 03 8540 2096*.

This exciting offer ends on June 30th 2019 or until stock lasts^.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pie5
Fast Driver

Postby pie5 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:44 pm

I received an update from my Dealer today.
All of the 30AE cars are now allocated/sold.
At least 8 sold in VIC.
2006 Stormy Blue NC 2.4 GWR Header & Exhaust, Progress Springs, Koni Shocks, Whiteline Sways, Recaros.

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Just ring a couple of dealers and see if they've got one on the showroom floor.
It's one of those things which will be collectible in 30 years time (long after you've sold it and purchased an electric MX5).

pie5
Fast Driver

Postby pie5 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm

bruce wrote:Just ring a couple of dealers and see if they've got one on the showroom floor.
It's one of those things which will be collectible in 30 years time (long after you've sold it and purchased an electric MX5).

Dealers were not able to order the 30AE. Initially only those invited were able to place an order.
Since they have now all been spoken for you won't see a 30AE on the showroom floor.
My information was, if there were cars still available after June 30th then that might have occurred.

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:47 pm

A dealer still may have one.

apsilon
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby apsilon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Yeah there's some dodgy dealers around. Things like order it themselves or friend/family member order it. Get the stock allocated then the "buyer" pulls out etc.
'97 Neo Green limited edition

mhh
Learner Driver
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Postby mhh » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:50 am

Looks like only the one is coming to SA. :wink:

949Racing
Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby 949Racing » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 am

aka_juffa wrote:I'm loving the paint. Wonder if it is reference to the one and only pre-production NA in a similar color?

Our design study we shared with Mazda North Americas head of design in late 2015.

949_nd_miata_comp.jpg

We asked for a car to prepare for SEMA, the main aftermarket automotive trade show in North America. Didn't get the car from Mazda. Bought one, wrapped it, put semi active suspension on it, took it to track events all over, plastered it all over social media.

ND_Under_Tent_4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
American, but not fat

Lokiel
Forum legend
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Lokiel » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:54 pm

Those seats look gorgeous Emilio - you should try and get exclusive rights to ND versions that slightly shave the shoulder wings (I'm assuming that they're a little too close to the doors) and you'll sell plenty.

Also, any chance of producing a Lava Orange ND? (IMO, that's what colour Mazda SHOULD have used).
Don't worry about dying, worry about not living!
Garage Thread: http://www.mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=76716

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 pm

[quote="949Racing"
ND_Under_Tent_4.jpg
[/quote]

Lordy that's nice! Want one!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “MX5 General Chat”