Stolen ND, Brisbane

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re: Stolen ND, Brisbane

Postby bruce » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Cheers.

Wolfgang
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Wolfgang » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 pm

I would of thought analysis of the fluids would be the way to check if it's been abused not a lap around the block.

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:00 pm

When you think about it, the sort of cretins that steal a car to joyride are probably going to spend 99% of the time just cruising around feeling like "King sh*t" because they could not normally hope to own anything like this. They might 'red-line' it a few times but the MX5 can handle this. If all the systems check out OK it is probably fine. If you have new tyres and the bumpers replaced - and there's no damage underneath, then the only challenge is to forget that a moron had his backside in your driver's seat. Have it de-loused!
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Rocky,
He's getting 4 new tires as the Police used spike strips on it. I don't think it was a casual cruise around the block.

OMY005
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby OMY005 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:34 pm

bruce wrote:Rocky,
He's getting 4 new tires as the Police used spike strips on it. I don't think it was a casual cruise around the block.

Police told me, It cam to the attention of the Polair helicopter because of excessive speed compared to other traffic on the M3 and they "spiked" it. I guess I really never know. Just your typical druggie (if there is such a thing) without a care for anyone or anybody's property, seems to be happening so much now?

Hopefully getting it back soon. :D
Previously, White 95 NA 1.8 Hard Top,Stock standard
Now, 2016 Fiat 500x, 2014 Fiat 500, 2015 ND GT 2.0

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Didn't you used to cruise like that, Bruce?
No, I get that it has been taken for a fairly spirited drive, but what I'm saying is that an MX5 is up to it and these morons haven't managed to write it off so it probably has sucked up any treatment and if it is running fine it probably isn't damaged internally.
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 pm

I've never hit rev cut in any car until owning MX-5's. Scared me in reality. But one thing I've learned is these engines don't just take it, these engines thrive on it. I wouldn't stress too much about it. Just keep an eye and ear on things for a while just in case, and try to get back to just enjoying the car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “MX5 General Chat”