MX5 Crash repairers Adelaide

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

ColinW
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NC

MX5 Crash repairers Adelaide

Postby ColinW » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:01 am

Hi All,
Can anyone recommend a crash repair shop in or near Adelaide with particular experience and capability to repair major crash damage to an MX5 NC. Car has sustained major sideswipe damage from hitting a tree. Damage to passenger side including door, A and B pillars.Insurance assessor is advising unrepairable. Would like another/expert opinion. Thanks & regards, ColinW :cry:

thehillsarecalling
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: MX5 Crash repairers Adelaide

Postby thehillsarecalling » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:13 am

Hi Colin,

Nice to see someone else from SA posting here.

You're doing the right thing by asking around. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), insurers and manufacturers have a nice little arrangement stitched up. Say you hit a roo and do minor panel damage, but pop both airbags on your NB. Mazda will charge your insurer around $7k for a full set of bags ex Japan, meaning every NB with popped bags is an insta-writeoff, regardless of what else is / isn't wrong with the car. And note the price quoted was pre Takata recall.

My advice is to let them write it off, then buy another one. However, if you have a personal attachment to this particular car, try having a chat with Maher from Mr Crash Repair on Hampstead road. I would also try Richard from Classic Cars Bradbury. I can supply both mobiles in a PM if you're interested. I have used them both and found their work to be good quality. Both have experience in repairing cars which would have otherwise been economic writeoffs.

Best of luck
Daily: '91 Malibu - NB8B conversion, 6sp, Teins, Whitelines
Terribly Missed: '02 Black SP (#55)
Plus about 12 others over the years..

ColinW
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NC

Re: MX5 Crash repairers Adelaide

Postby ColinW » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:51 am

Hi thehillsarecalling, thanks for your reply.
The assessors have already noted the work and cost involved in reinstating the airbag system alone. At this stage I'm waiting for the insurance assessment and payout details including buyout price for the car. Once I receive this I will decide whether its worth approaching the crash repairers you recommend. I guess I can find their contact details myself, but if you have them handy I'd appreciate them via PM thanks.
Cheers, ColinW

Return to “MX5 General Chat”