Insurance company that will provide agreed value for an SP

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re: Insurance company that will provide agreed value for an SP

Postby bruce » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:45 pm

...unless u have a terrible insurance history/high risk factors.

madmort
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby madmort » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:36 am

Mr Morlock wrote:Agreed value is going to be a realistic number e.g. taking onto account low kms etc. Insurance cos are there to make money. VVC is probably irrelevant - there are restrictions on use etc. Consider that a top NB is about 10K in value with klms sub 100K and an SP would probably struggle to get !5K. Also premiums are affected by location . Shannons will use Glass guide for valuations. Getting insurance for 10 cars- you can get better rates for obvious reasons.

Shannons didn't take into account or care about Klms when I insured with them. Which I thought strange.

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 am

madmort wrote:
Mr Morlock wrote:Agreed value is going to be a realistic number e.g. taking onto account low kms etc. Insurance cos are there to make money. VVC is probably irrelevant - there are restrictions on use etc. Consider that a top NB is about 10K in value with klms sub 100K and an SP would probably struggle to get !5K. Also premiums are affected by location . Shannons will use Glass guide for valuations. Getting insurance for 10 cars- you can get better rates for obvious reasons.

Shannons didn't take into account or care about Klms when I insured with them. Which I thought strange.

In which case you were charged full rate. A second vehicle, especially a 'weekend car', can be insured for less premium if its use is less than DD. My Falcon goes full rate, the SE is discounted as 'limited use' (or similar words, I can't remember the term or how it is defined).

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

madmort
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby madmort » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 am

greenMachine wrote:
madmort wrote:

In which case you were charged full rate. A second vehicle, especially a 'weekend car', can be insured for less premium if its use is less than DD. My Falcon goes full rate, the SE is discounted as 'limited use' (or similar words, I can't remember the term or how it is defined).

:mrgreen:

I wasn't charged full rate, I'm insured for minimal use but that is not Klm dependant, it's how often it is used is the point not how far it goes or for that matter how many Klms it has done.

bear2230
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby bear2230 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 pm

I have my SP insured with famous agreed value of 35k and Snowie is insured for 25k
Total premium for the 2 is about $1250/year they both are used less than 5000km year and I’m 52 with a good driving record.

Richard.

I can give anyone a contact if required.
I dumped Shannons as they were more expensive and they reduced the value of both cars when renewal came around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooby - Silver SP - Build # 53
Snowie - White NB project car. Engineered and registered :)
Vader - Hilux & Gretel the black German Bitch

Return to “MX5 General Chat”