Vale "tennyson" Qld

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

charcoal
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Vale "tennyson" Qld

Postby charcoal » Sat May 16, 2020 9:36 am

I received the latest "Rag Top Review" yesterday - a good job by editor Eric Black to be able to provide an entertaining read in the current environment...

Saddened to read of the passing of Frank Cooper "tennyson" last month. Frank and wife Liz had been very active members of the MX5CQ for many years and have also been loyal Mazda owners over that time, having purchased quite a few through Grand Prix Mazda, not just MX5's. Frank's contribution to the Club was quite considerable and his sense of humour is fondly remembered.

Vale Frank

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.

Re: Vale "tennyson" Qld

Postby Rocky » Sun May 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Charcoal you said Frank was a member of the "MX5CQ" - was this a Central Queensland Club?
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

charcoal
Racing Driver

Postby charcoal » Mon May 18, 2020 10:28 am

my bad - MX5 Club Qld.

As you're aware, the Club's first "QMeet" to Rockhampton in 2018 was an attempt to recruit new members and hopefully start a new Chapter in Central Qld. Sadly, the local dealer wasn't interested in encouraging a get together at their premises which could have been an opportunity for mutual publicity.

The Club is very grateful for the support received from dealers and automotive suppliers.

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.

Postby Rocky » Mon May 18, 2020 10:58 am

Ah yes, I remember that now. I bought two new Rotary Mazdas from the Dealer a very long time ago. It's a third generation dealership now but I have had little to do with them as they were never 'enthusiast-focused'.
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

Return to “MX5 General Chat”