Have SPs gone down in value.

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re: Have SPs gone down in value.

Postby bruce » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Rocky wrote:There are the other folks who have convinced themselves their house/car/boat/knick-nack is worth some exorbitant amount and everyone else is just trying to steal it off them.

Got that the other day from a guy wanting to sell his mobile number for an exorbitant price and was reluctant to sell to anyone. I said 'If you ponder things too long you will never sell anything and the executor of your will will just give it all away'.

StanTheMan
Forum legend
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StanTheMan » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:56 pm

Rocky wrote:I guess it has always been this way with any product really.
Reference: "The Castle".
Even in the pre-eBay days when you could only advertise in the newspaper, you would see the occasional ad for something at 100% over the rest, and you'd' think "Tell him he's dreaming".
We scour the real estate ads and every now and then there will be a house that is listed for at least 50% more than everybody else in it's category. Does anybody buy at that price? Sometimes. Other times you check later and see that it has just been taken off the market. They were just fishing.
There are the other folks who have convinced themselves their house/car/boat/knick-nack is worth some exorbitant amount and everyone else is just trying to steal it off them. I try not to be one of these.

who cares if you are . do you think you'll be remembered for it next week? take a gamble .....someone might be dum enough to pay your price.
Satans Ride called F33nix the resurrected NA6

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Nuh! Just not me Stan. I see myself as a "fair" guy. I don't try to con anyone and I don't allow myself to be conned.
It's about your self-image. I have nothing but contempt for fraudsters and con-men, and the sad SOBs who are dishonest but manage to rationalise everything so that they can tell themselves they are 'good blokes'.
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

StanTheMan
Forum legend
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StanTheMan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:25 pm

Rocky wrote:Nuh! Just not me Stan. I see myself as a "fair" guy. I don't try to con anyone and I don't allow myself to be conned.
It's about your self-image. I have nothing but contempt for fraudsters and con-men, and the sad SOBs who are dishonest but manage to rationalise everything so that they can tell themselves they are 'good blokes'.

Fair call Rocky. Youre a dying breed.
Satans Ride called F33nix the resurrected NA6

davekmoore
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby davekmoore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:58 pm

Rocky wrote:Nuh! Just not me Stan. I see myself as a "fair" guy. I don't try to con anyone and I don't allow myself to be conned.

Isn't it fun recognising the dodgy ones though?
UK since return: Standard NC2 (horrid), C200K, ND2 BBR, NC2 BBR200 (loved it), NC BBR300 (better than BARMY), V-Special, turbo NB8B (my 84th car)

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:27 pm

Jails and Courts are full of people who honestly think they are 'good blokes'.

Return to “MX5 General Chat”