Vic CPS proposed interim changes

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Postby 93_Clubman » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:20 pm

From another forum for Vic CPS user info:
"The Association [AOMC] was recently advised by the Victorian Department of Transport of the proposal to make interim changes to the Club Permit Scheme. The scheme carries the requirement for a ten year review cycle, due in 2020, but owing to restrictions caused by the COVID pandemic it has been decided to delay the full review for twelve months and introduce some interim proposed changes to the scheme that would come into effect in October of 2020. The proposals seek to add controls to the clubs in the manner of how they operate the scheme for their members, making sure that only safe vehicles are admitted and providing the ability to regulate clubs that are not complying with the permit requirements. It seeks to ensure that vehicles requested to be inspected by Vic Roads are presented for inspection, and VicRoads may disallow certain club individuals to be scrutineers (i.e. those persons that perform vehicle inspections) because it is found that they are not performing the function adequately and unsafe vehicles are on the road. For vehicles entering the scheme it would be a requirement that an appointment is made with Vic Roads for the application to be processed. A fee of $19.00 would be payable, this would ensure that an operator with appropriate knowledge, would process the application and should save time for the applicant. It is proposed to levy a fee for the supply of club permit plates. The costs for either 45- or 90-day permits are to be pro rata of a standard registration fees for a light vehicle. Slimline plates will be made available at the same cost as full registration slimline plates. An offence entitled “failure to complete logbook” would be introduced at a lesser financial cost than the current driving an unregistered vehicle infringement notice. Finally, it will see the definition of commercial use clearly defined as this is seen as a serious issue. For the management of the scheme, and the ability to transfer permitted vehicles upon the death of the permit holder will be allowed under the proposed changes. The Association of Motoring Clubs is requested to seek the opinion on these proposals from its member clubs and forward such information to the Department. Timelines are short so we seek your co-operation in providing this information to the appropriate club officials and returning your club’s position on them without delay."

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:54 am

Vic CPS annual fee renewal now also payable online:
Go to: https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/online-services
The Vic CPS vehicle will only be displayed in a customer’s myVicRoads account if the vehicle is linked with their client ID. If the Vic CPS vehicle is not visible in your account at the time of renewal, contact VicRoads on 13 11 71 to have it linked.
93_Clubman wrote:From another forum for Vic CPS user info:
"AOMC was recently advised by the Victorian Department of Transport of the proposal to make interim changes to the Club Permit Scheme. The scheme carries the requirement for a ten year review cycle, due in 2020, but owing to restrictions caused by the COVID pandemic it has been decided to delay the full review for twelve months and introduce some interim proposed changes to the scheme that would come into effect in October of 2020.

The proposals seek to add controls to the clubs in the manner of how they operate the scheme for their members, making sure that only safe vehicles are admitted and providing the ability to regulate clubs that are not complying with the permit requirements. It seeks to ensure that vehicles requested to be inspected by Vic Roads are presented for inspection, and VicRoads may disallow certain club individuals to be scrutineers (ie those persons that perform vehicle inspections) because it is found that they are not performing the function adequately and unsafe vehicles are on the road.

For vehicles entering the scheme it would be a requirement that an appointment is made with Vic Roads for the application to be processed. A fee of $19.00 would be payable, this would ensure that an operator with appropriate knowledge, would process the application and should save time for the applicant. It is proposed to levy a fee for the supply of club permit plates. The costs for either 45-day or 90-day permits are to be pro rata of a standard registration fees for a light vehicle. Slimline plates will be made available at the same cost as full registration slimline plates. An offence entitled “failure to complete logbook” would be introduced at a lesser financial cost than the current driving an unregistered vehicle infringement notice.

Finally, it will see the definition of commercial use clearly defined as this is seen as a serious issue. For the management of the scheme, and the ability to transfer permitted vehicles upon the death of the permit holder will be allowed under the proposed changes."

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer

Re: Vic CPS proposed interim changes

Postby Red_Bullet » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:13 am

Great, my kids can drive my cars for cheap after I'm dead. :? :D :shock:

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Mr Morlock » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:44 am

Not sure about the VR comments in renewing on line - does it mean that the holder does not have to get signature of Club CP admin? It seems odd to me.

Ross
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Ross » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:15 pm

You still have to get the permit signed by the club rep and keep a copy of your receipt in the Log book.

I paid mine recently by sending the signed paperwork back to Vicroads with a completed credit card form. They charged my card and sent back the stamped Permit. All done without have to go to Vic Roads
Cheers
Ross

1990 BRG V-Special, NB Koni sport with King springs, MS-03's

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:14 pm

It's a COVID thing too. The VicRoads office on Burwood Hwy is the most crowded place I have ever been. Imagine any other business that busy!

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Thanks Ross. Vicroads Burwood- I never had to wait more than 15 mins for renewal or 2nd 45 days on CP permit and there are times when I did not even get to sit down before I got service - either for ordinary registration renewals or CPs. Most CPs members avoided sending anything in the mail because it was so slow. Whilst its Covid time haven't people noticed that standard mal service is shocking and the mail service has become a poor service. The earlier note by Vicorads was gobbly gook to me. Whats easier than just taking docs to VR and paying on the spot with a card- job done not messing about with a rapidly developing 3rd world mail system. And if you need to get the signature of CP Club person and rely on him/her to post it - how may days will it take- I reckon 10 days to reach the address which might be 10klm away and 15 days for the guy to sign and get around to posting it and then reaching VRs then it processed - this is going to be a disaster. One thing I will not do is trust the mail to get to the Club permit guy and I would get it signed either on the spot or pick it up like a secret agent. PS in the past 7 years I would have gone to VR Burwood minimum 25 times and never had any problems at all. I have been going to VR in person at least 3 times a year. If anyone gets pinged with an unregistered car its a big fine.

Ross
Fast Driver

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 am

I've been to Burwood a couple of times for general rego stuff, and they are better there than Dandenong, which is 2 mins from my work.
The whole posting the renewal to the Club signatory, getting it back and then posting to Vicroads and getting it back took about 4 weeks :shock:
So about a week for each transaction.
But at least Auspost is slow enough that if the paperwork was exposed to Covid, it wouldn't last long enough in the snail mail to infect me :lol:

Now we just need to get out of lockdown so i can go for a drive. Sitting in the garage with it running just isn't cutting it anymore :frown:
Cheers
Ross

bruce
Speed Racer

Postby bruce » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 pm

Yes, Burwood is always crowded but very quick.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Mr Morlock wrote:What's easier than just taking docs to VR and paying on the spot with a card

Doing it online.

Ross
Fast Driver

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:50 pm

93_Clubman wrote:
Mr Morlock wrote:What's easier than just taking docs to VR and paying on the spot with a card

Doing it online.

Definately!
I would still take the auspost option over going to Vicroads (well I did actually). Online is even better.
Vicroads Dandenong is well...... :roll:
What was it that mum said....?
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" :wink:
Cheers
Ross

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:48 pm

CP's were not able to be paid on line though that is now being changed with the revisions. I received some more info today from another source who runs a Club CPs processing that was more optimistic than me and said opening an account was another way to do things to avoid some of the mail legs - I will definitely take a look at that. The real issue I was concerned with is very slow mail delivery time. I know Aust post are no longer delivering private mail 5 days a week and some things sent to me have taken a long time - ie like 10 days. I think its possible but have no proof that some Govt organisations may get a quicker or preferential service.
I can confirm that in one of the Clubs I was a member of that many guys preferred paying in person and in another Club they seem to use the mail instead. If you are retired and you get quick service then paying at an efficient office like Burwood was not a problem. I always found their staff to be very friendly and efficient.

bruce
Speed Racer

Postby bruce » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Mr Morlock wrote:more optimistic than me

I reckon Marvin is a happier soul.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:37 am

Mr Morlock wrote:CP's were not able to be paid on line though that is now being changed with the revisions.

It's already been changed & is operational. Separately, the CPS revisions are still to be promulgated.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 am

Vicroads renew or extend a CPS permit online: https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registr ... lub-permit

Return to “MX5 General Chat”