Any old buggers here? I’m back in a 5

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Any old buggers here? I’m back in a 5

Postby ManiacLachy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am

Oh, I've been welcomed to a number of dodgy days at Magpie's place, dodgyness ensued, but if the stories I've heard are to be beleived we didn't go to the lenghts of the older ones. It's been a while since the last one though, Magpie's not as active as he used to be.

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:30 am

Wayne, I've sent you a PM.

99MXV
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby 99MXV » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Replied :)
Won't be long now... On the hunt for an MX5

Boyracer
MX-5 Encyclopedia
Vehicle: NC

Postby Boyracer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:34 pm

I’m old...
NC Roadie, NC Racey, ND Racey….and a 30AE

Plus several others in the bone yard...

hamx5ter
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby hamx5ter » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:03 pm

ManiacLachy wrote:
StanTheMan wrote:Facebook has killed a lot of forums & blogs.

I don't want to get too far off topic here, but people not participating in the discussion is what has killed forums, not FaceBook. There are about 10 users here keeping this thing going, everyone else just reads.

But thanks for the insights into the origins of Dodgy Day. While I've done some dodgy work, I've only been around for I think 7 years so I'm not and "old bugger" :D

I know this is resurrecting and old OLDE thread, but i'm just prowling around here on 'the forum' after ages. Still have my car, don't drive it much, think of selling it, never get around to it, renew the rego, and round and round i go... hardly every drive it though. Trying to drive it more often in the last few weeks (except for the damned rain, leaky roof and missing a/c)...

yeah, the forum was an amazing and supportive place until about 2012. At some point, the mx5 club chose to do their work through the fb group rather than the forum, and the forum wound up with some more 'aggressive' members and i noticed the participation just fell off...

So... here i am, not just reading :) pointless post, but at least you can't whinge that i am only reading

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:33 am

I'll take a pointless post over no post any day!

Old NAs and NBs are falling into classic sports car territory now, in so much as they aren't much good on the roads in a daily capacity. Modern cars have just advanced too far. They're slow, they're noisy, they rattle, they're low and have trouble with all the speed bumps, they leak. But they are FUN, get them out for a dedicated drive and there's not much else I'd rather be in for the money!

hamx5ter
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby hamx5ter » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:10 pm

amen...

Between the battery(s) dying and not being dríven, the car developed this hesitation and i drove it even less... i've been trying to get it out at least every couple of weeks in the last 2-3 months (until the rains came). Drove up to Umina Beach last weekend (I think) and then back again through Old Pac from Gosford and i have to say, it still is a great car.. I'm just SO sad that i ripped out my perfectly good a/c and p/s and made the car so unfriendly that it's basically impossible to be used for anything but a weekend fang...

hmmm.... might go dig up the Breakfast Club

Return to “MX5 General Chat”