Why car salespeople are the way we are...

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Craig
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Why car salespeople are the way we are...

Postby Craig » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:01 pm

*Just got this on email and sms, car I sold yesterday, bought another car from our other shop today* :roll:

Hi Craig

I apologise for my late reply.

Unfortunately, we found out that my mother has breast cancer today. And that has thrown my world upside down.

I am afraid that I have to pull back on this purchase as I will need to save some money for her treatment and surgery expenses.

Please accept my apologies. And the inconvenience that I have caused you.
And I can not thank you enough for being such an amazing person and helping out so much.

I’m sorry again
*** Audi A5 Sportback - back in black! ***

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re: Why car salespeople are the way we are...

Postby bruce » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:36 pm

As in business, I generally do not believe a word what my customers say. I take it on board but that is about it. This is learned from many decades of dealing with the public.

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Years ago, a mate whose dad was a car salesman told me that they had a saying "Buyers are Liars".
I thought about that a lot given the bad press that car salesmen traditionally get. (his dad was a great guy and a straight-shooter)
I resolved to make a point of always being straight with salespeople. If I say I will be back, I make a point of going back, if only to tell them I won't be buying and why. I can tell they are sometimes surprised by this.
You can apply this discussion to Police who are constantly lied to by the public. This would be the same public who would be most indignant if you called them out on their behaviour and would characterise themselves as honest and decent people.
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 pm

That is just crook behaviour, no excuse. If they have made money (saved money) on the switcheroo, I would call it fraud or theft. Not the sort of people I would want to have as my friend or associate, and certainly not someone I'd want to do business with.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Return to “MX5 General Chat”