Let's chat - tell us about your most recent drive

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re: Let's chat - tell us about your most recent drive

Postby bruce » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:56 am

Cobra? Like a Shelby Cobra replica?
I've always wanted one of those (and many other cars).

Jeo
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Jeo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:37 am

Yep, that type of Cobra.

Cobra.jpg

Replica built in Victoria in the late 90's. Ford 302 and matching 5 speed.

Dad had spoken about wanting one for as long as I can remember. He'd occasionally send me links to ones for sale over the last year or so but I didn't think/know he was seriously looking until he mentioned driving down to Melbourne (with a trailer in tow if that gives any idea of the intent of the trip) to test drive one. Didn't end up buying that one but instead found this car locally only a few weeks later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:33 pm

I checked my photos, I have photos of each of the three Cobras that were parked together, you were not in any of them, so I must have missed you :(

Selection of interesting cars here Wheels-of-Wamboin

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Jeo
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Jeo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:52 pm

Had a good chat with those three that parked together, but we were right up the front. Maybe 5th car in as you turned in the driveway.

PaulF
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby PaulF » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am

A mate of mine planned what was intended to be a motorbike trip on the weekend, but given the huge rainfall on Friday and into Saturday, I opted for four wheels and a roof. Having finally fixed the clutch hydraulics in the MX, why not blow out the cobwebs (literally) and take it out for its first proper drive of 2024?

The route was brilliant, starting in Freemans Waterhole and heading out through Cessnock to take the Bylong Valley Way down to Rylstone for the night, then continuing south and taking Bell's Line (far too much traffic) back into Windsor, skirting around the northern outskirts of Sydney to Berowra Waters ferry, then a little flirt with Old Pac before jumping on the freeway to head for home.

The "go kart" (as dubbed by the riders in the group) ran great too, and gave me no dramas aside from an intake pipe coming loose on one of the goat tracks between Rylstone and Hampton. I can't really blame the car for that one; some of those potholes were big enough to have their own postcode. All that's left is to give her a wash...

Return to “MX5 General Chat”