Well, that was fun...

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Re: Well, that was fun...

Postby Rocky » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Just received the new 'Brake Reservoir Cap' from Amayama ($30.) (via Saudi Arabia - ordered it 4 months ago.)
I have tried to photograph the two Caps so you can see the tiny black plastic 'lugs' that are all that holds the Cap on the Reservoir.
No thread - just a couple of tiny bits of plastic.
Fitting the new one it was clear to me that it was actually hard NOT TO break the tiny bits of plastic as there is no sensation of the Cap "screwing on" to the Reservoir in the way that there has been with every other car I have owned. You have to match the internal 'lugs' on the Cap with the internal spaces in the Reservoir, gently push the Cap down onto the Reservoir, then gently turn the Cap. Any force and you'd break it again. Great design.

New one is on the right. Tiny black plastic lugs are at 5.O'clock and 9. O'clock.

Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Re: Well, that was fun...

Postby 93_Clubman » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Yeah, can't see how that cap securing design could be perceived as an improvement over conventional methods of securing.

Return to “MX5 General Chat”