Rockynats over Easter weekend

MX5 Car Clubs of Australia

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Rockynats over Easter weekend

Postby bruce » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:55 am

Rockynats is on in Rockhampton over Easter. It looks like a mini Summernats. Any Queenslanders going? Rocky?

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Re: Rockynats over Easter weekend

Postby Rocky » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:58 am

It seems to have been well received last year and the people I spoke with - car people admittedly - raved about it. People bring vehicles from all over the State.
I didn't go as I go to the local "Classics on the Coast" every 3 years and you get to walk around several hundred vehicles all in an area the size of a couple of footy fields and spend as much time as you like on individual displays.
If one of my mates phones me to go I will get off my ass and go along, but probably to the street parade rather than the burn-outs.
It is good for local car-people as we are a bit starved for car-related activities up here, unlike you guys from the more populous areas.
There is the Mt Morgan Hill Climb that is becoming an annual event and as the organisation of that event gets better I will certainly go along to it as the Mt Morgan Range is a great bit of road for this kind of event but the only problem is access - you really have to park somewhere at the bottom and walk up to a vantage point where you stand in the sun - not really any shade.
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:54 am

Burnout comps r boring as u can't see anything and it stinks.
The drifting is good, the 1/8 drags and the displays would be worth seeing.

The American
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB8B - Turbo

Postby The American » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:22 pm

The Mt Morgan Hillclimb is improving spectator access each year. Last year they had cleared an area above the start line that had some shade (not heaps) and a good view of the start and first chicane and then they had a big screen across from that showing video footage of the cars going up the range. Because they streamed the event online, they had most of the track covered by cameras.

It was pretty good!

Return to “MX5 General Chat”