Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: 2015 Australian Supersprint C'ships, Wakefield Park

Postby greenMachine » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Weather forecast for the weekend:

Saturday 14 November

Summary Min 9 Max 19 Possible shower. Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm Chance of any rain: 40%
Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Winds easterly 15 to 20 km/h.

Sunday 15 November

Summary Min 9 Max 19 Possible shower. Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm Chance of any rain: 40%
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h.
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

zossy1
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby zossy1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:01 am

It might be a case of chasing the dry track. One thing is certain, even dry, the surface is likely to be fairly green given the rain that fell yesterday and more rain likely today and tomorrow...

PeterB
Fast Driver
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Postby PeterB » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:38 pm

An excellent weekend all round and full credit to the NSWRRC for rising to the challenge.

Despite a mix of cold, wet then fair weather the NSWRRC managed 8 sessions of 7 minutes (5 timed laps each session) on Saturday then a further 6 on Sunday.

The six largish groups were well managed, with minimal holdups.

The Australian Supersprint Champion is Mark Tomaszewki in a Stohr with a blinding 54.99.

MX5 club class winners included :

Scott McGarry in 2A with a 1.12.7
Chris White in 4B with a 1.07.3
Tony King in 6 with a 1.09.6

Too many Hondi and Loti in the other classes, but a number of 2nd and 3rd place trophies picked up.

Well done to all.
Peter B
MX5 free for present

zossy1
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby zossy1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Agreed - NSWRRC put on their best meeting of the year. Hopefully they learn from it as it was smooth throughout.

Good win for the blue rocket under what can only be described as very, very trying circumstances. We were well off our best speed owing to a serious mechanical issue but good enough thankfully.

Well done to all, and shout out to Ed, hope you get your car fixed soon.

PeterB
Fast Driver

Postby PeterB » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:15 pm

The MX5 club was represented by 13 competitors after a few withdrawals prior to the event due to car and people troubles.

Other trophy winners were :

Stewart Temesvary 2nd in 1B with a 1.15.3 (after spending most of the day 2 inches off my rear end - lots of fun !!)
Phillip Donnelley 3rd in 1C with a 1.16.0
Tony Williams 2nd in 2A with a 1.13.3
Derek Mock 3rd in 2B with a 1.15.6
David Lawler 3rd in 4B with a 1.09.5
Glenn Thomas 3rd in 6 with a 1.12.5 (not bad with no brake pads !!)

I will claim a "virtual" 3rd in 3B with a 1.15.2 as 2nd place was given to a Mazda RX7 that couldn't run in 3B unless he replaced the rotary with a piston engine and it went brap-brap !!! However I had great fun leading or chasing Stewart and Tony (definitely not racing).

Glenn should get the award for spining on almost every corner - very entertaining !!
Peter B
MX5 free for present

PeterB
Fast Driver

Postby PeterB » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:23 pm

So 9 trophies from 13 entrants is a pretty good success rate and the remainder acquitted themselves well, with a few car issues making life difficult for some.

I was listed 4th in 3B
Jonathon Fox was 4th in 2B with a 1.16.6 trying out some new tyres
Ed Corey (1.10.3) 4th and Ian Coombes (1.12.1) 5th rounded out 4B

And it was also the final State Round and the MX5 club should have well and truly wrapped up our 10th State Supersprint Championship.

A couple of enjoyable dinners wrapped up a social weekend and Jean Cook kept an eye on the office.
Peter B
MX5 free for present

Dweezle
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Dweezle » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:48 am

WELL DONE ALL!!!!!

I kept my eye on natsoft over the weekend :)

I was looking forward to the full weekend but when the car sold, short of running around track, i could not compete. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ALL MUSCLE CARS ARE CRAP
Jeremy Clarkson

except of course, the Almighty VIPER!!!! 8)

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:25 am

A good weekend - as others have said, this bodes well for NSWRRC events next year. There seemed to be quite an attrition rate, but as I was one of those early departures I don't know if they amalgamated groups as a result.

My best time was set on Saturday, second session on Sunday a bad miss made an appearance, so now it's 'off with its head', and no further track activity for this year. With Christmas and other family and 'real world' stuff happening I am not sure when I will get to look at it and get a full diagnosis. It was nice to have Chris' father on hand to assist in the initial diagnosis of the problem, but there was never a chance of me running again on the day. Speaking of Chris, he deserves special praise for persevering on Saturday through and around his problems to topple the other Chris in 4B, an excellent drive in a sick car! Those of us who have trailed around in the Civic's wake all year appreciate what it takes to do that.

Congratulations to all the class winners and other trophy winners on the day (and in the series) a big 'well done' to all of you, what a great way to end the year! The results have not yet appeared, but it is looking good for the Club ...

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

PeterB
Fast Driver

Postby PeterB » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:00 pm

Got a call this morning saying they have re-classified the RX7 out of 3B, so I will get a 3rd place trophy for 3B for my bookshelf, which is nice as it is probably the only Australians I will attend.

It was good of the NSWRRC to follow-up post event.

It is official the MX5 Club has won the State Championship Club trophy again by a big margin - well done to all competitors.

The times for class winners will stand as Australian Championship Records for Wakefield Park until the championship next visits, so there are 3 MX5s in the record book :

Scott McGarry in 2A with a 1.12.7
Chris White in 4B with a 1.07.3
Tony King in 6 with a 1.09.6
Peter B
MX5 free for present

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”