Anything to do with the MX5 and Motor Sport

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

toppertee
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: QR Crash

Postby toppertee » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:29 pm

mazmad wrote:Agreed. It is tragic.

And it serves as a reminder to do everything you can to have your safety gear in order. Sometimes sh*t IS gonna happen. For the other times it pays to be as prepared as you can.

Don't really think there was much more they could have done, Safe track, GT3 966 cup car, all the gear, fire emergency on track, not racing door to door.
Most people I speak to up here who use QR are still in shock. If it happened at Lakeside, people would more than likely understand, because lakeside is lakeside.
I'm starting to question about putting my car new car out on the track. I've got a young family etc. But I love Motor sport (pretty bloody selfish). Still I.M.O. I think I'm in more danger, driving to the track, or what I do for a living.
I really feel for the family and friends of all involved.

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Okibi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31 pm

If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

PeterB
Fast Driver
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Postby PeterB » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 pm

In a sad irony, Guy Edwards was a F1 driver who apparently assisted Nicki Lauder during the horific crash where Nicki suffered his nasty burns.

Apparently in the movie Rush, Sean Edwards is driving the replica of his fathers F1 car, including for the crash scene.

When you watch the movie think of him. RIP.
Peter B
MX5 free for present

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”