Buying a new fire extinguisher

Anything to do with the MX5 and Motor Sport

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

mx5002
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Re: Buying a new fire extinguisher

Postby mx5002 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm

So I do quite a bit of work for perpetual limited.
Maybe it's best I buy from supercheap to keep me in a job. Wouldn't want them going broke cause I bought an extinguisher from an independent :lol:
GREEN ITB'd NB8B
SMSP south 1.04.30 SMSP GP 1:53:12 SMSP Brabham 2.21.11
Marulan 47.01
Wakefield 1.09.64 :D

madjak
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby madjak » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 pm

haha... really a bit off topic, but I thought about my spending habits last week and decided to change where I buy stuff.

I spent 30 mins on google trying to save $10 on a product I needed, then I thought why am I doing this?... just walk in and spend the extra and buy it and have it now. It's nice to be able to pick up an AN fitting, or a pair of gloves and have a chat about the current state of racing or whats the best tyre temp to run. My local race shop supports the series I run in, and does the scrutineering and is often present at the events either with their own car or just spectating. If they aren't around because we as consumers are spending more and more of our money online or at the superstores then we're the ones that lose out in the end.

/end rant
NA8: N/A 200whp | Haltech | Skunk2 Intake | S90 TB | RCP | 5 speed c/r dogbox | 4.78 diff | AST Shocks
Barbs L: 64.12 | S: 58.62 | Collie: 49.72

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:17 pm

madjak again I agree with your sentiments, I tried to ask for AN fittings at a local Supercheap and they had no idea. I then went to Ian Bottcher race parts (about 5 mins away from the Supercheap) and presto instant help, advice and parts, shame they mainly look after speedway cars. I need to spend some more time there talking about sprints./time attacks to see if they have an interest in that area as well. The business is only 15 mins from QR.

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”