2019 Australian Supersprint Championships Phillip Island

Anything to do with the MX5 and Motor Sport

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

Luke
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Re: 2019 Australian Supersprint Championships Phillip Island

Postby Luke » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:56 pm

SKYHI wrote:Anyone end up going to this?

I'm considering my motorsport options for next year, and would like to include some one off interstate meetings.Might do something like this, or a 6 hour, or are there any other big interstate MX5 meets planned?

From a a MX-5 club perspective we always have MX5 NSW vs VIC interstate challenge alternating between a NSW track and a Victorian track. Suppose we could add QLD in there...
This is probably the biggest competitive meet held yearly. Natmeet don't count as far as I'm concerned, because not many of the real motorsport people rock up to that.
For 2020 it will be in Victoria at Winton on Saturday the 7th of March.
We normally run the short and the long track switching halfway through the day. You should get 3 runs on each.
If interested talk to our NSW Competition secretary(we are running the day even though it is in Victoria). I am sure he would be more than happy for a few QLD MX-5 members to show up. Better than having AROCA there for the purpose of running it and making the numbers work.
If there is enough of you over enough classes maybe it can be NSW vs VIC vs QLD???
Usually the track is also open for a private practice day the Friday before if you want to get your eye in.

The 2020 National Supersprint will held in NSW at SMSP GP on the 1st of November.
Bit unusual as it is listed as a 1 day event. Normally nationals are 2 day events. My logical assumption would be due to lack of numbers over the last few national's they have realised it does not need to be 2 days.
BTW anyone from any state can enter a NSW Supersprint event through out the year. It won't count to anything if you are not registered as a championship registrant, but is probably the cheapest way to enter a semi competitive event at SMSP.

World time attack. NSW, SMSP GP. If you are into exposure this is the event for you. Essentially a very expensive supersprint with lots of corporate and socials media exposure with the crowds to go with it. You will save a few $$$ on some Yokohama's.
Normally around October.

There is always Challenge Bathurst in late November early December as well if you have cash to splash.
Not really a national or interstate competition, just a way to get laps on the mountain. Its supposed to be a regularity from my understanding, um yeah right.

There are also a few regularity relays.
17th, 18th May, NSW SMSP GP. NSW RRC
25th, 26th July, Victoria, Phillip Island, 6 Hour. Date TBA,
17th, 18th October, Victoria, Winton, 12 Hour, AROCA.

I don't guarantee all dates are concrete as with anything motorsport they can be bumped around by some bigger events, but they pretty much should be locked in by now.
2022 BRZ 10AE
2021 GR Yaris
2008 Peugeot HDi Lemans, Number 1027/2000, White with Red stripes

SKYHI
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: 2019 Australian Supersprint Championships Phillip Island

Postby SKYHI » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks for the response.

The NSW vs Vic Interstate Challenge is definitely on the radar, but I probably won't make the journey to Victoria next year, but rather wait until it returns to NSW in 2021.

The Supersprint Nationals at SMSP in November might be a possibility, although I may be doing the 6hr there in May. I'd also like to get back to PI for the 6hr one day too.

As much as I'd like to do WTAC, I think I might head to Wakefield in the middle of the year for AUS Time Attack instead. It's certainly tempting to go back to Bathurst for more laps at the Challenge Bathurst event, but I've already ticked the racing at Bathurst box, so looking for something different.

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”