Interested in some PI track time?

Anything to do with the MX5 and Motor Sport

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Interested in some PI track time?

Postby greenMachine » Sun May 31, 2020 2:31 pm

First, the bad news - I am managing a team at the 2020 6Hr regularity relay (that is bad enough :wink: ), and due to a withdrawal we NEED another driver.

The good news - you can be that driver 8)

The team is not shooting for a win, we have experienced drivers who are new to PI and who are going to learn the circuit, and learn the peculiarities of the event. It will be a low-key event for us, with the focus on learning and enjoying the experience.

We are looking for an experienced driver (or two) - PI with 50 cars on track is no place for first-timers, regularity or not, preferably who have experience in multi-club speed events.

What you get - probably around 3-4 hours track time, over two days (Saturday 8 August practice, Sunday 9 August event).

Event website, with link to supp regs.

Hit me up!

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

manga_blue
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NA8

Re: Interested in some PI track time?

Postby manga_blue » Sun May 31, 2020 9:59 pm

Sigh. I've done around a thousand laps at the Island. I still miss it. There's nothing like it anywhere else in the country. But no.
’95 NA8

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Sun May 31, 2020 11:27 pm

I hear you manga, spot on!

Going as TM is quite frustrating, so close, but no touchee :cry: This time I was to be the fourth driver, just do enough to qualify and then three laps raceday, all in a borrowed car - so no heroics! Probably worse - get suited up, go out with all the cars, but just tool around :(

TM is a pretty busy job, so most of the time you are distracted from what you are missing out on, but back in the team house, watching the in-car videos, listening to the post mortems - agony!!

Sadly, my driving days there are over after around six or so 6Hr events, new car is just too fast for the 1.55 limit and I don't want to drive at anything less than flat out, so I have blocked myself into a corner. I still want to do a track day there though, maybe later this year.

Build thread

Bianchi-89
Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Bianchi-89 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:45 pm

I would love to do that! Not sure if I qualify though, only my second year doing track days in NSW and have never been to PI or done a regularity event.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:43 pm

I haven't heard, but my guess is you just got another 12 months to work on the 'experience' side ... with the border closed I can't see any NSW teams will be participating, even if the event proceeds. And I doubt that it will proceed, given what is happening south of the border :cry: .

For the record, my team cancelled our entry when we couldn't find another driver. Apologies, I had forgotten this thread and therefore failed to update it after the decision to withdraw.

Build thread

CrazyRacer
Fast Driver

Postby CrazyRacer » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:04 pm

No surprise that the event has been cancelled for 2020...

Dear 6 Hour Relay Competitors, Officials and friends.

It is with regret that following the recent announcement from the Premier of Victoria, Mr Daniel Andrews, concerning the lockdown of metropolitan Melbourne due to COVID-19 we have now been placed in the position where we are unable to conduct the event and as such have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Victorian 6 Hour Relay.

We thank your team for their interest and entry for 2020 and a full refund of the entry fee will be issued
The organisers of the Victorian 6 Hour Relay apologise for any inconvenience which may occurred due to this cancellation and look forward to coming back in 2021 bigger and better.
Stay well and stay safe until we meet in 2021.

Yours sincerely

David Bellenger
Chairman
Victorian 6 Hour Relay Inc.

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”