Only nice people race MX5s?

Anything to do with the MX5 and Motor Sport

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Only nice people race MX5s?

Postby greenMachine » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:05 pm

Interesting thread on Autosport site https://www.autosport.com/national/news/father-and-son-mazda-mx-5-racers-banned-after-abhorrent-behaviour/10547077/

It may be behind a paywall, but hopefully visitors can read it if they don't regularly trawl for free.

Gist of the article in the sub-heading:
Father-and-son Mazda MX-5 drivers Jason and Callum Greatrex have been banned from racing following a National Court disciplinary hearing that examined several incidents at an ill-tempered September Donington Park meeting.

The bit that surprised me was “The court accepts that his actions in kicking Foden’s car were entirely out of character,” said Scott Andrews. “The court accepts his apology and genuine sense of contrition, especially after so many years of participation in and contribution to motorsport.”

Really?! You behave like a proper sh!t just this once!? Pull the other one :lol:

I remember a Mini driver being penalised for a hissy fit in the 1972(?) Dulux Rally, but that is all I can think of here but I'll bet there are others.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

StillIC
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: Only nice people race MX5s?

Postby StillIC » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:27 pm

Yeah, it's only the odd scrutineer who behaves badly in NSW, in my experience. ;)
WP:1.12.492 SMPN:1.16.403 SMPS:1.05.473 SMPGP:1.53.256 SMPB:2.22.181

Return to “MX5 Motor Sport”