Bendix Ultimates

Wheels, Suspension, Brakes & Tyres questions and answers

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

smiles
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Bendix Ultimates

Postby smiles » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:40 pm

Anyone know where the best place (cheapest) I can get a set of ultimates?
I used to buy from www.discpads.com.au but trying to call them today failed.
Anyone know if they're still in business?

Also any recommendation other than Ultimates at around the same price?

Thanks
Last edited by smiles on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabretooth
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby sabretooth » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:06 am

Why not order online? Maybe it's just their phone that's out.

I've found discpads tend to be the cheapest - I got a set of Advance from them about 2-3 months ago.

npn4875
Fast Driver

Postby npn4875 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:39 am

Apparently Lucas TWR pads are as good or better than Ultimates and somewhat cheaper (though more than Bendix Advance, naturally).

*Really* dusty though.

I can't really call that a recommendation because mine are still in the box, but I bought them on what I 'd think is sound advice; and talking to Joe at Grand Prix yesterday, they've changed from ULtimates to Lucas on their race MX5 and are pleased (apart from the wheel cleaning). John at GP cars still reckons Ultimates though.

Boags has a spare set of Lucas for an NA that he bought yesterday (see his post) before finding out his car has NB brakes!

Mike
PS discpads are an online store - why would you ring them? The point is that they are "online"? That's why they're cheaper, they don't answer the phone, customers help themselves.
Every k over is propaganda
Black SP

smiles
Fast Driver

Re:

Postby smiles » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:54 am

npn4875 wrote:Mike
PS discpads are an online store - why would you ring them? The point is that they are "online"? That's why they're cheaper, they don't answer the phone, customers help themselves.

I called them because they don't list the Ultimates for the NA, only the other Bendix pads.
When I called them (as per number on the website) I was given someone elses number, who then said no you need to call another number who then said sorry we have nothing to do with brake pads ... so was wondering if they're still around. I ended up emailing them but they're not the quickest in getting back to you.
In the past I've always been able to call and order over the phone and pick the pads up. Have done this a few times for group buys in the past.

adamjp
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby adamjp » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:29 pm

When you say NA, do you mean NA6?

If so, Discpads does not list them because Bendix, in their wisdom, don't make them for the front (at least they didn't last year). Bloody annoying 'cause they are one very fine pad.

Mania used to list another pad from the UK (Lucas branded I think) which I was told by a friend in the rallysports had the same compound as the ultimate. Unfortunately I don't see them listed anymore.

Mania seems to list Ultimates for the NA6 though. Perhaps they are having them cut down from NA8 pads? Anyone know?
Last edited by adamjp on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
RX7AFM PortedHead 11.5:1 HKS264Cams&Gears CeramicCoatedExtractors FlowExhaust Strut&BodyBraces Eibachs Konis SparcoRims Striped

EGG80X
Racing Driver

Postby EGG80X » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:37 pm

I had Lucas pads on my echo, absolutely luv them, like npn4875 stated dust is a killer

i might give Hawk HP a go, from wot i read its pretty good

Return to “MX5 Wheels, Suspension, Brakes & Tyres”