Tein electronic control question

Wheels, Suspension, Brakes & Tyres questions and answers

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

pcmx5
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Tein electronic control question

Postby pcmx5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:34 pm

I have just bought an NC2 with Teins and the electronic control.I am surprised that every time I start the car the motors return the suspension to the setting,ie it is not retained at the set damper rate when turned off. Seems totally illogical to me to do this every time ,I would have thought the settings would be retained until I decided to change them.Is there anyone on here who has Teins and can give some advice,Thanks Peter.
.Now ND2 Roadster prev NC2 Recaro's ,BBS wheels,full exhaust, Tiens NA 1.6.NA 1.8 LE(106RWKW)NC1,NC2.ND 1.5 .

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Tein electronic control question

Postby greenMachine » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:56 pm

Maybe should be wired to a 'always hot' circuit, though what that would do for battery life I don't know.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

madmort
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby madmort » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:43 pm

According to Tein...

Resume Feature
The system remembers the damping force setting when the ignition key is turned off and automatically returns to the same setting when the key is turned back on. (Main power switch for the controller unit should stay on, for this function to work.).

As greenMachine said, might drain the battery.

pcmx5
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby pcmx5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks guys.So basically it has to be on to hold the setting,I was thinking like a manual version it has turned it to the right setting so would stay there until you changed it .So a question to users then , has anyone has issues with the motor wearing out given it works every time the car is started?
.Now ND2 Roadster prev NC2 Recaro's ,BBS wheels,full exhaust, Tiens NA 1.6.NA 1.8 LE(106RWKW)NC1,NC2.ND 1.5 .

StanTheMan
Forum legend
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StanTheMan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 pm

perhaps tein thinks they are artists .... and their dapmers should always be the way they intended.... :lol: :roll:
Satans Ride called F33nix the resurrected NA6

rascal
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby rascal » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:51 am

I’ve got teins and EDFC in my NB. It remembers the settings. It’s only if you disconnect the car battery or turn the unit off using its power button that you have to cycle to 0 so it knows where they are. (Note the unit needs an always on power wire much like a radio. Unit goes off with the key off and comes back on at key on with the same setting with no cycling)

I’ve had them nearly ten years and motors are fine. (And I disconnect often - cos race car)
It’s not like they are spinning ‘000s of revs each time. It’s a stepper motor doing 12 steps at max. I wouldn’t sweat it..

Return to “MX5 Wheels, Suspension, Brakes & Tyres”