[VIDEO] Wakefield:2 drivers, 1 car - what's the difference?!

Any laptimes and Dyno results that you want recorded.
CoffeeBoss
suntory
Vehicle: NC

Postby CoffeeBoss » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Narada recently posted this to the Circuit Club website and it's a great watch for lovers of Wakefield Park:

Narada wrote:In Issue 22 of The Circuit, I get to drive Jacky Yick and Proconcept's Honda Civic, so we decided to compare my best recorded lap on video with Jacky's...

I hate this video, but then again, of course I would!

Check it out here - http://wp.circuitclub.com.au/?p=489

You can grab the full story on our website on the 26th Jan...

Interesting to see that down the straight they are basically line ball... Narada is a tiny bit earlier on the brakes entering turn 2, and the gap starts to widen from there. Their line appears fairly similar throughout, but for example Narada's short shift at turn 6 is a little more cautious and appears to cost time. A good way to pick up some tips.

grump
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby grump » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:15 am

I think Boags has said in the past that the cheapest thing he has done to get his lap times down is $300 for driver training, being able to watch footage of your +'s and -'s is a good training aid. Many drivers might be surprised just how much they could get their times down by watching a pro do a couple of laps in their car. Very usefull training tool (the camera)
Bond, James Bond. growing old is not an option, growing up is

Hammer
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby Hammer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 am

I agree with you Grump.

Seeing how someone better drive your car, will be the best learning aid you can get (that or having Michael Schumacher as your driving coach). Seeing what lines they take, when they change gears, when they brake, when they accelarate through a corner etc. etc. is invaluable.

Everyone can drive fast on a straight road, but knowing the race craft on corners is where you can reduce your lap times.

I think it's time for me to invest on a digital video camera and mount in on the car on track days. :D
H@mmer - 1994 Clubman | 2002 SP
GO TOPLESS!!!

Return to “Laptimes and Dyno Results”