Fast Forward Superchargers Dyno

Any laptimes and Dyno results that you want recorded.
Tom @ FFS
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Supercharged

Fast Forward Superchargers Dyno

Postby Tom @ FFS » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:59 am

Just wanted to post the latest dyno for our test car. This is my daily driver 1990 with 1999 engine, transmission, drive shaft, Torsen diff and axles. Engine is built to take the power but is still 1800cc. No bore or stroke changes. Head has been flowed. Engine management is stock 1990 ECU with FFS Card for fuel and ECool. No timing control as it is running base 10* timing with no retard. Fuel is E85. Tires and rims are Toyo R1R and 949 6UL 15x8 respectively. I tried driving it on smaller tires but it was usless. I got tired of facing oncoming traffic all the time.

Current power is ~260 WHP but it is under the knife to get a new ignition system (AEM Twin Fire CDI) and we think that will cure the ignition problem and bring it closer to 300WHP.

Thanks for looking. :)

90-E85Small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom
http://www.FastForwardSuperchargers.com
90 Red MX5; 99 MX5 1800 built engine; FFS Coldside; 260WHP/208 lb-ft; No IC; Stock 1990 ECU; FFS Piggyback

abusedblanky
Learner Driver

Re: Fast Forward Superchargers Dyno

Postby abusedblanky » Sun May 26, 2013 3:06 pm

I know this is an old thread but do you know what you put down on premium 98RON fuel? Do you have any other mods (ie. exhaust)? I cant decide whether to go with a FFS kit or a FM kit with megasquirt, but I'm starting to lean more towards the FFS due to it being based in australia, being less of a hassle to tune and get engineer certified. The only downside was the smaller amount of power the kit produces but results from your dyno far exceed the 200+ WHP i want.

NMX516
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby NMX516 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:16 pm

abusedblanky wrote:...but I'm starting to lean more towards the FFS due to it being based in australia...

FFS are based in America.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Tom @ FFS
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Supercharged

Postby Tom @ FFS » Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 am

abusedblanky wrote:I know this is an old thread but do you know what you put down on premium 98RON fuel? Do you have any other mods (ie. exhaust)? I cant decide whether to go with a FFS kit or a FM kit with megasquirt, but I'm starting to lean more towards the FFS due to it being based in australia, being less of a hassle to tune and get engineer certified. The only downside was the smaller amount of power the kit produces but results from your dyno far exceed the 200+ WHP i want.

Stock 1.8L Miata engine 94-05 will make around 190/200 WHP on 98RON with our base pulley. Larger pulleys are available.
Tom
http://www.FastForwardSuperchargers.com
90 Red MX5; 99 MX5 1800 built engine; FFS Coldside; 260WHP/208 lb-ft; No IC; Stock 1990 ECU; FFS Piggyback

Return to “Laptimes and Dyno Results”