My little car!

Any laptimes and Dyno results that you want recorded.
Andy_W
Forum sponsor

My little car!

Postby Andy_W » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi all!

So my car is a lot more car than driver.

I've previously had her up to about 270 kW at the wheels (on Ric Shaw's dyno, which reads about 10% low by my rough comparisons) on 22 psi and E85, but there's no way I can drive that other than in a straight line. Plus cold starts on E85 were getting to be a pain, so I've detuned her now to 12 psi and petrol, and she makes more like 220 kW on DVS Tuning's dyno now.

On E85 with the older shocks, that would have been more like 230 kW, and Boz did a 1.07.3 in that configuration but that was a lot of sliding.

I'm part way setting up traction control on her and in that configuration with the older shocks she managed a 1'15 with my driving:

The previous coilovers were kind of not really handling the power with R-comp tyres and a low profile, so I upgraded to Spax 2-way adjustable ones. A lot more money so it's not a fair comparison between the two.

On this setup though, I got my PB of 1'13.5 - (but as I said I'm a real rookie driver), and then Ric got in and did a 1'07.9. He said the day was really slow; there was no rubber on the track thanks to lots of rain, and it was a cold day, so he thought it was capable of more like a 6 even on those used R-comp tyres. As a comparison, his RX7 did a 1'04.9 and he's previously done a 1'02 with the same configuration, even on old tyres.

This weekend I'll be competing in a 6 hour regularity which will be my first race, and an awesome opportunity to get some seat time which you can tell I need!

Oh and by the way I always log everything because I'm an engineer, so here's a graph of my fastest 1'13.5 lap vs Ric Shaw's 1'07.9 lap on the same day, so I can see where I'm leaving time on the table...

SpeedTPS.PNG

Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

evil_weevil
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Re: My little car!

Postby evil_weevil » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Always a good read following your progress mate!
and you've got a great ECU haha,

cheers,
Chris Q
Looking for an SVT motor for this:
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=62834

timk
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby timk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:27 pm

It looks quite neat with that new widebody kit, very nice!

Looking at your videos made me decide to wire up Boost 1 (and boost by gear) so I don't have to run ALLOFIT all the time! :lol:

Andy_W
Forum sponsor

Postby Andy_W » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for the comments guys!

Return to “Laptimes and Dyno Results”