National, State and Local events, Club or Informal runs

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata, AJ

99MXV
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

This Sunday (Tambourine Terror) - Unoficial RUN - Early One

Postby 99MXV » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:07 am

OK...

Cars fixed.. Alls shiny and new looking. I can't make it to the club run, so I'm thinking I might have a Blatt up to the top of Tambourine for a nice coffee, and to buy the paper, with an extended run back down on Sunday morning. Starting around 9am, finish around 10.30.

Just a quick one up the twisties.

Anyone else on the Coast thats keen. I am leaving Runaway Bay around 9am. PM me if you want to be in it.

The tyres will be well and truly warm by the time we hit the roundabouts at Hope Island......................... I promise.

Take care

Wayne
Won't be long now... On the hunt for an MX5

kitkat
Racing Driver

Postby kitkat » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:58 am

would have love to but ill be down camping for a night an Minyon Falls... and yes were taking the 5 there, we'll have some pics for all yaz when we (Katie, myself & muzza2) get back.
Have a fun drive.
hmmm maybe we should have another attempt at a friday night fun run... but without the rain this time.?.?

99MXV
Racing Driver

Postby 99MXV » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Well I left at 9am. Put some Optimax in and headed up the Oxenford-Tambourine Road way. Lovely run, not too many cars. The temp dropped considerably at Eagle Heights, but being alone, I had no whingers.

I stopped for a flat white coffee at Gallery Walk, read the paper and watched the tourists wander past.

I pulled into the St Bernard hotel carpark to see the Geese and the Pheasants, and as I drove out, the Mini Club (Only new models) pulled in on a run. Probably 15 of them. Only one was a convertible. They had come up the back road via Nerang (which is the way I'll go back up next time). A few waved and tooted. There were some schmicko ones with stripes and mods.. and even one with the Union Jack on the roof.

I came back down Via North Tambourine, took a couple of happy snaps at the hanggliding area (see new sig) and came down via the road to Gaven/Nerang and then back through Oxenford. A complete loop.

I dodged a couple of rain showers, and drove right through some light sprinkles.

The car was magnificent. I just need some new tyres, as I am driving at the limit of the Taxi tyres on the car now, and the cars got a lot more than the tyres can give.

Happy as a pig in poop to be able to take off for a run anytime on the weekends now I'm out of Real Estate.

Cheers

Wayne

p.s. Bigger image below.

Won't be long now... On the hunt for an MX5

Gramps
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby Gramps » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi Wayne,
I was up there too - but in a Corolla :oops: during a trip to visit kids and grandies.

Great road and all the time I was wishing I was in the Five :evil:

We did see a five but definitely not yours. Next time I travel to the coast I am taking the Five up to try out your roads :lol:
"When you're racing against Father Time drive a 5!"

Return to “MX5 Events”