Yarra Blvd

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

Slugoid

Postby Slugoid » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:16 am

Thanks for the footage (and the kew boulevard one) stu :)

How's this stretch of road late in the night? Don't plan to go there during the day with all the hazards around :P

Stu
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Stu » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:55 am

Obviously a lot quieter, doubt you will find too many cyclists or joggers (what was with the guy jogging on the road? saw him on my recce lap luckilly)

The biggest problem is the police and cameras. I now seem to spot the police on the kew boulevard every 3rd or 4th run. And the camera on the burnley boulevard seems to be there during peak hours, well worth doing a slow lap first.

fig
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby fig » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Good work stu!

Kew boulavard stretch is def. the go! alot quieter and less flashing lights or flashing cameras :P

The usual test track for Melb. Porsche :P :P :lol:

PS. Stu, I now have a camera mount for my rollbar thanks to \"Samys\" in Los Angeles :) We will need to compare notes....if you know what I mean

Cheers
Then
10AE (#3062)

Now
'08 Porsche Boxster S modified ;-b
'11 Porsche Cayenne 22's FTW
'78 Porsche 911SC - Old Skool Hotness
'67 Porsche 912 - Fav!

Stu
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Re:

Postby Stu » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:23 pm

fig wrote:Kew boulavard stretch is def. the go! alot quieter and less flashing lights or flashing cameras :P

I see more patrols in Kew, only cameras in Burnley. Prefer knowing a camera is about, to the random flying around a corner and finding the fuzz patrolling.

fig wrote:The usual test track for Melb. Porsche :P :P :lol:

Ask me about my brother & his best mate's test drive of best mate's mummies boxter on Kew Blvd.

fig wrote:PS. Stu, I now have a camera mount for my rollbar thanks to "Samys" in Los Angeles :) We will need to compare notes....if you know what I mean

I keep all my notes on my pda phone. You can view them later.

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”