Adelaide Hils

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

chrislevingston
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Adelaide Hils

Postby chrislevingston » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 pm

Up Gorge Road and turn right at Corkscrew.

Give it heaps up the hill.

Right at Montacute and then back to work.

Real fun at lunchtime - I work in Newton :mrgreen:

Chris
1990 "TOY MX5" - Red, of course!
Kings, Konis, LSD, Genie system, grille, Voodoo knob, braces, 14 degrees ATDC, woodgrain dash,style bars and lots of work making the rubber bands go around faster.

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:33 am

Magill - Old Norton Summit Rd - Norton Summit - Lobethal Rd - Ashton - right onto Stony Rise Road - Woods Hill Rd - right onto Greenhill Rd - left onto Mt Lofty Summit Rd - Crafers - Waverly Ridge Rd - Upper Sturt Rd - Hawthorndene - Shepherds Hill Rd - Flinders Uni

Thats how I used to get to uni every morning. Took exactly the same amount of time as just going directly across town.

Plus it makes a good run if you double back at Crafers onto Picadilly Road to Summertown, Uraidla, then either take Greenhill Road to Balhannah, then motor along to Lobethal, or take Greenhill for a bit then use Deviation Road to get to Lobethal Road to get to Lobethal, then cut across back down to Gorge road, which gives you the option of following Groge to the bottom or cutting back up Corkscrew and either going right on Montacute to get back to town (watch for the sand on those corners down the bottom) or left to take Marble Hill Road back to Summertown or the bottom of Greenhill Road

Bevan
Speed Racer

Postby Bevan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:17 am

When I was in Adelaide a couple of weeks ago, I had about 2 hours spare time (finished my work early) so went up Green Hill road, then up Mount Lofty Summit. You guys are so lucky. There is a LOT of nice, twisty roads followed by awesome views and it only takes 10 minutes from the city centre.

Pity I was in a Holden Viva automatic. :roll: That thing was a piece of sh*t. :|

chrislevingston
Fast Driver

Postby chrislevingston » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:31 pm

When going up Greenhill Road you can stop at the Uraidla Hotel for a pint or two of Old Speckled Hen :D

Chris
1990 "TOY MX5" - Red, of course!
Kings, Konis, LSD, Genie system, grille, Voodoo knob, braces, 14 degrees ATDC, woodgrain dash,style bars and lots of work making the rubber bands go around faster.

vak82
Fast Driver

Re:

Postby vak82 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:07 pm

Adam_NAclubman wrote:Magill - Old Norton Summit Rd - Norton Summit - Lobethal Rd - Ashton - right onto Stony Rise Road - Woods Hill Rd - right onto Greenhill Rd - left onto Mt Lofty Summit Rd - Crafers - Waverly Ridge Rd - Upper Sturt Rd - Hawthorndene - Shepherds Hill Rd - Flinders Uni

Thats how I used to get to uni every morning. Took exactly the same amount of time as just going directly across town.

Plus it makes a good run if you double back at Crafers onto Picadilly Road to Summertown, Uraidla, then either take Greenhill Road to Balhannah, then motor along to Lobethal, or take Greenhill for a bit then use Deviation Road to get to Lobethal Road to get to Lobethal, then cut across back down to Gorge road, which gives you the option of following Groge to the bottom or cutting back up Corkscrew and either going right on Montacute to get back to town (watch for the sand on those corners down the bottom) or left to take Marble Hill Road back to Summertown or the bottom of Greenhill Road

*saves the above directions as waypoints into my TomTom* :lol: Thanks for that Adam
NA6T = Playtime | NC = Snooze

Caffeine
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Caffeine » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:03 pm

Ahh my old stomping grounds :)

I made it door to door from uni (flinders) to home (mt barker) in 22 minutes, not taking the freeway (back of crafers -> stirling etc etc) And that was in my 120Y wagon!

The MX would be ridiculously quicker
Supreme Blue NB8B, 1:16.98 at Wakefield when stock, but it's not stock any more...

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Re:

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:57 am

Caffeine wrote:Ahh my old stomping grounds :)

I made it door to door from uni (flinders) to home (mt barker) in 22 minutes, not taking the freeway (back of crafers -> stirling etc etc) And that was in my 120Y wagon!

The MX would be ridiculously quicker

I think i was doing it in just over 30 mins from Magill to Flinders in the morningswithout being silly and in sh*t morning traffic from Crafers onwards.

I miss those days. I've dríven a sum total of 25km in the last 8 days :(

Caffeine
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Re:

Postby Caffeine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 pm

Adam_NAclubman wrote:I miss those days. I've dríven a sum total of 25km in the last 8 days :(

Apart from a 1000km trip to tamworth & back last weekend (I haven't dríven since may!
Supreme Blue NB8B, 1:16.98 at Wakefield when stock, but it's not stock any more...

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”