Vic Boolara to Mirboo North.

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

MIATA3
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NC

Vic Boolara to Mirboo North.

Postby MIATA3 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 pm

11ks of motoring heaven, has everything, sweeping bends, tight corners, uphill switchbacks. It's a good quality road with farming properties along the way & generally not a lot traffic during the week days, it's 100kph, if you can maintain that you have a pretty well set up MX, avoid during school drop off & pick up times as it's a school bus route.
From Boolara take C456 to Mirboo Nth
Theres an option of doing a 31k loop back to Boolara.....zero at the shop when you start, when coming into Mirboo Nth at the end of the downhill, 14ks turn left onto Grand Ridge East Rd, then at 21.5ks turn left onto Limonite Rd, it's another good road, more sweeping corners than tight ones, & at 31ks you're back where you started. It's great in reverse too.
This loop run is excellent for fine tuning damping rates, I used it for setting up the Yellowspeeds on my NC.......enjoy.

Water Boy
Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Re: Vic Boolara to Mirboo North.

Postby Water Boy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Yesss this is a good run!
"Only Dead Fish Follow the Stream"

michelin man
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Supercharged

Re: Vic Boolara to Mirboo North.

Postby michelin man » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Did the loop Boxing Day with both my NA and newly acquired metallic grey 2009 NC2 Roadster Coupe with BBS/Recaro package, accompanied by my son in law. Perfect weather and road conditions. We changed cars in Boolarra and on both legs the names I have given to each of the cars was reaffirmed:
Nessie the NA remembers a former owner whose first name was "Laughlan" hence "Loch" and also to the fact that she has some monster characteristics (173.2 horses at the rear wheels to be more particular) as a result of the Auto-Rotor supercharger kit he fitted for another former owner, who subsequently had some success with her in the 2003 Dutton Rally; and
Audrey the NC2, named for Audrey fforbes-Hamilton (Penelope Keith in her role in To the Manor Born) because she is a "tight and proper" sports car.
I couldn't help looking in the rear view and admiring each vehicle in turn, whilst driving the other.
Life can be pretty damn good sometimes! :D
93 supercharged clubman
09 NC2
78 Fiat X19; 76 LT Celica
68 split screen type 2 VW
DD 16 Renault Clio RS Sport Premium
Vale XR8 AU111

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”