[VIC] Twisties down Mornington Peninsula way?

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

Kenstaki
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

[VIC] Twisties down Mornington Peninsula way?

Postby Kenstaki » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Did a quick search on this forum to no avail. So, any decent twisty roads down Mornington Peninsula area apart from the magnificant Arthur's Pass?

Kenstaki
Fast Driver

Re: [VIC] Twisties down Mornington Peninsula way?

Postby Kenstaki » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

celicapain
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NB8A - Turbo

Postby celicapain » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 am

Arthurs seat is defiantly the best on the Mornington peninsula.(100km zone too :) )
There are some nice roads through along the top of red hill, the run from Flinders to cape shank has some great tight bends with wicked camber and elevation changes.
The main problem is that most of the best driving roads are have a lot of houses with blind drives/massive trees on both sides of the roads and and healthy police presence.
The best driving road that ive found within reasonable distance is the Wilsons promontory road. If you get down there during the off season it can be totally deserted. Driving bliss.

Vat
Racing Driver

Postby Vat » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:50 am

celicapain's pretty much spot on - BIL lives down that way, was down there last year with a hire Toyota 86 and there are some nice roads to be had, but busy with the winery/café crowd over the weekend (so expect plenty of SUVs pulling out on to roads) and sighting's not ideal. Arthur's Seat is well worth a look but has police, tourist and cyclist presence as well so a 'patrol' run is a wise investment of time.

If you're just cruising around it's no issue but I wouldn't be exploring limits there on the weekend. Well, I wouldn't be exploring limits during the week either (I save that stuff for the track) but you know what I mean.
'98 Evo Gold NB8A
QR-Clubman 66.5109|Sprint 63.3635|Sportsman 67.4673|National 92.3481|Lakeside 65.7478|MP K 1:35.382|MP E 1:16.422|NM 1:08.017

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”