EILDON-JAMISON RD VIC

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

eskimo
Driver
Vehicle: Clubman

EILDON-JAMISON RD VIC

Postby eskimo » Tue May 28, 2013 10:18 pm

This is an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING ROAD. It is a smooth windy 60km back road stretch which is in perfect condition without pot holes, dips or any other nasties and some awesome views as it climbs quite high into the hills of lake Eildon nat park.. Some maps may show gravel sections but there isn't any, there were some small resurfaced sections that had a little loose gravel but wasn't an issue. You have to be mindful of trees and blind corners but I flew through here on a Monday on my way home from the Winton historic races and passed two cars and a motorbike and that was all. I would assume there would be more traffic on weekends though. My MX5 is a Clubman with Eibach springs, Whiteline swaybars, poly bushes and my own w/align setup and it handled brilliantly on the thankfully dry road (bit unstable in the wet) though I did manage to fry the brake pads at one stage but they came back (sort of) after a rest. Mechanically standard apart from intake and exhaust mods it sounded awesome as 90% of the road is 2nd/3rd gear stuff up near the redline yet still below the speed limit (ish).
I live in Southwest Gippsland and this road leaves EVERY road around there for dead as not only is it not in farm land (no tractor/farmer hazzards) but it also doesn't try tossing you off the road as it really is that smooth yet the coarse surface has loads of grip. I would highly recommend staying somewhere close by like Mansfield (nice town) and making a weekend of it, it really is that good (think 60 km of the Black Spur with little to no traffic and less damp surface).
I don't post on here very much but really this road seems custom made for MX5s so would seem selfish not to share this Jem.

Take care & drive safe Steve.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Re: EILDON-JAMISON RD VIC

Postby 93_Clubman » Wed May 29, 2013 11:59 am

Tks for sharing Steve - how's the Clubman going - saw it parked at the RACV Rally @ Mornington last Jan, as was another car I sold recently. Kept an eye out for you, but it was fairly busy.

pie5
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Re: EILDON-JAMISON RD VIC

Postby pie5 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Completely agree, awesome road. I have dríven this a couple of times in both directions. :D
Just need to be careful when wet or if there are fallen leaves and branches etc.

A lunch stopover at the Jamieson Brewery is ideal for a fun day trip if you are coming from Melbourne.
2019 Racing Orange 30AE #783
2006 Stormy Blue NC 2.4 GWR Header & Exhaust, Progress Springs, Koni Shocks, Whiteline Sways, Recaros.

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”