QLD gateway arterial -brisbane entertainment turn-off

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

pezchops
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

QLD gateway arterial -brisbane entertainment turn-off

Postby pezchops » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:58 pm

only a short 1 klm run hardly worth mentioning i suppose.

i often run into stalled traffic north bound, home from work so i exit here to sangate road...you can re-enter the gateway further down sandgate road if you need.
60 klm/hr from the off ramp into a 100deg lefty into bicentennial drive,then 70klm/hr through 2 round-abouts .
third one is back to 60klm/hr and usually traffic.i usually go through about 2.30 when there is little traffic
instant relieve after being stuck in traffic ,and at legal speeds.

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: QLD gateway arterial -brisbane entertainment turn-off

Postby ManiacLachy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 pm

I've also come to this realisation recently. That stretch of the gateway is horrible! Don't tell to many people though, or you'll ruin it!

zero00
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby zero00 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:47 pm

The Gateway? Don't know the last time I used it!! For a freeway it's always at a standstill even at 5.20am in the morning! You come over the Pine River Bridge south and both left lanes are stopped! Have they installed the 'coffee carts' yet so you can grab one while waiting? A little like near Bulahdelah NSW a couple of years ago when they installed 'Port-a-loos' because of the delays!

How was that accident yesterday just north of the PR Bridge when the car crossed the median, took out a lamp pole and hit 3 northbound cars! Like, it's only NINE lanes wide there! 4 south and 5 north!
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST
2000 NB8A-LP 69.1248|QR Clubman 71.9235|QR Sprint 68.1412
1989 NA6 B-SPEC #77|Toyota GTS86 MT

Trackphotos
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB Roadster

Postby Trackphotos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:46 pm

zero00 wrote:The Gateway? Don't know the last time I used it!! For a freeway it's always at a standstill even at 5.20am in the morning! You come over the Pine River Bridge south and both left lanes are stopped! Have they installed the 'coffee carts' yet so you can grab one while waiting? A little like near Bulahdelah NSW a couple of years ago when they installed 'Port-a-loos' because of the delays!

Funny thing is, that doesn't happen going north toward the city on the Gateway, only south. Even at peak hour, the gateway doesn't slow down too much until you hit the bridge and everybody rides the brakes down the other side. Must be all the northside drivers slowing things down...
QR Clubman: 1:03.9 | QR Sprint: 1:01.4 | QR National: 1:29.4 | LS: 1:01.5 | Mt Cotton: 51.6

Crapweasel
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Crapweasel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:57 pm

pezchops wrote:only a short 1 klm run hardly worth mentioning i suppose.

i often run into stalled traffic north bound, home from work so i exit here to sangate road...you can re-enter the gateway further down sandgate road if you need.
60 klm/hr from the off ramp into a 100deg lefty into bicentennial drive,then 70klm/hr through 2 round-abouts .
third one is back to 60klm/hr and usually traffic.i usually go through about 2.30 when there is little traffic
instant relieve after being stuck in traffic ,and at legal speeds.

Don't tell the speed limit people, they'll cut it back to 40!!
NA6 - The Slow And The Curious... Roundabout Drift

Rolley
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Rolley » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:18 pm

It's the ONE thing I miss about working at the airport.
Either way along that stretch was grin inducing.
Just be careful of the 4X4's that like to drive strait throught the round-abouts changing lanes twice...

AntHarmer
Fast Driver
Vehicle: 10AE

Postby AntHarmer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:22 pm

I have loved those roundabouts since the day i got my licence. Was the first place I took my 5 when I bought it

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”