Now available at Jaycar...

Audio, Electronics and Lighting questions and answers

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Re: Now available at Jaycar...

Postby Magpie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:30 am

When you consider that the kits could be the same, you would expect the manual to be the same. If you looked at other manuals for say a toaster you could almost say that one company has copied the other. Inference is different to coincidence as is correlation. What are the motives of the person making the video?

There are laws, however it would depend on if they are both signatures to the TRIPS Agreement if an item is made in different countries. However if the items are made in the same country then the local laws will apply.

MattR
Racing Driver

Postby MattR » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:38 pm

This kind of thing happens all the time across all industries.

I have seen parts of reports and tech docs i have written turn up in surprising places.

I try to supply only pdf copies of what i write, but sometimes this is not possible. However doesn't matter these days as you can scan, edit, copy or convert files.

I find it flattering that someone else finds my work good enough to copy. Just wish they would acknowledge and reference my work, like i do when i use others' work.

StillIC
Racing Driver

Postby StillIC » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:15 am

I think that Freetronics could make Jaycar answerable to infringement of copyright, as the instructions are a word for word copy, it seems. Copyright is granted more or less automatically under Australian law, whereas designs and inventions are not. Patents must be applied for, accepted and then granted.
WP:1.12.492 SMPN:1.16.403 SMPS:1.05.473 SMPGP:1.53.256 SMPB:2.22.181

muzzy66
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby muzzy66 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:24 pm

It really is disgusting, and to be honest after seeing this I will probably never buy anything from Jaycar again.

As far as I'm aware their "vifa" branded products are also a rip off - though I'm not 100% sure on this, I don't think they are actually made by Vifa.
-
Car
2004 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA

Audio
Source: Clarion HX-D2
Speakers: Focal 165WRC
Amp: Zapco Reference 350.2
Sub: DLS Nordica 10i
Amp: Helix H1000

Return to “MX5 Audio, Electronics & Lighting”