Adaptronic owners thread

Audio, Electronics and Lighting questions and answers

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

JN8x
Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Adaptronic owners thread

Postby JN8x » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:26 am

hks_kansei wrote:Yeah if it cranks and suddenly stops that's a sign of hydrolock.

Don't keep cranking, it can bend rods or ƒü¢k a valve.

Just leave it overnight and the fuel will evaporate and seep past the rings (and also, you'll want to change the oil after the starts are done, since the fuel will have diluted the oil)

Thanks will give it a try after work today!

hks_kansei
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby hks_kansei » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:07 am

oh, I should also add.

If you've had a no-start, pull the spark plugs and have a look at them. wet means flooding (ie: too much fuel)

(i'm assuming here you've put in fresh plugs before trying to tune)

if you pull the plugs and find that it has flooded, make your tune changes and leave the plugs out to help the fuel evap faster.
And also clean the ends of the plugs (squirt of brake clean, wipe crap off the ends, and let them dry)

Worst case, email Adaptronic, there may be a known issue with the base start settings or something.
1999 Mazda MX5 - 1989 Honda CT110 (for sale) - 1994 Mazda 626 wagon (GF's)

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 am

I don't have windows with the adaptronic software right now so I can't remember the exact name, but have you looked at the diagnosis screen and made sure all your sensors are working?
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

JN8x
Driver

Postby JN8x » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:40 am

Okibi wrote:I don't have windows with the adaptronic software right now so I can't remember the exact name, but have you looked at the diagnosis screen and made sure all your sensors are working?

Yeah having some issues, however an Adaptronic rep will be team viewing the map tomorrow. Seems like an over fueling issue. Car would crank freely with the injector loom un plugged and almost start with artificial fuel sprayed into the throttle body (Backfired through the manifold though)

On another note would anyone happen to know which pins need to be used in order to wire up a bmw e36 VTPS. I’ve tried flipping the pins (read online) but no luck. The values wouldn’t change when I tried to calibrate it. Bench tested the tps itself and the resistance changed as you move the inner gear depending on which pins you back probed.

JN8x
Driver

Postby JN8x » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:29 pm

All sorted! Have to thanks Mark from Adaptronic for helping me with the issues. Turns out it was overfueling on the cold cranking temps.

3gress
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby 3gress » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Dealing with a weird issue at the mo' with my 440 universal ecu, where the injector dead time preset graphs keep reverting back to 1000cc ID injectors. I can only run dead time/flow on 850cc, no worries there, but everytime i reopen wari the dead time preset has reverted back to 1000cc graph.
No amount of button pressing or playing with options in the tuning mode or corrections tab will let me set the injector dead time graph for 850's.
Dont want to upgrade to eugene, dont want to have to pay for someone to suffer the same issue and tell me to upgrade, just want the freaking thing to stay on 850ccID dead time graph.
Any ideas?

hks_kansei
Speed Racer

Postby hks_kansei » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Eugene isn't actually an upgrade, it's just an alternate software.

I have both Wari and Eugene on my laptop and can happily tune with either one. (NB8A select, which I believe is just a 440 with alternator control)

But yeah, Eugene and wari are like MS word, the new MS word will open the same files as word 2003, just with the current button/control layout.

Are you using the most recent (last) version of wari?

3gress
Racing Driver

Postby 3gress » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:38 pm

Yep, latest update of wari. It's a weird glitch, the only way around it would be to bring laptop along to reset the iniector size everytime i turn the engine on which is intolerable.
There is only a minor variance between the 850 and 725cc injector dt curves, perhaps setting it for 725cc and tuning around the difference would be an option, if i werent running such high compression.
I have stored around 30 tune maps and every one tested suffers the same result, otherwise no issues.
With an earlier wari version there was a weird glitch where the ignition map no.2 would sometimes get a massive bulge in the 3500/4000rpm region so I've always regularly checked through settings as a precaution.
The Adaptronic forum was taken down just before i started new engine which was just pure irony so only option is direct emails with Adaptronic, am currently waiting for response from them.

hks_kansei
Speed Racer

Postby hks_kansei » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:15 pm

If email takes too long also try a Facebook pm by their Facebook page.

When I had an issue with my wideband the fb page pm got a quicker response than the emait.

3gress
Racing Driver

Postby 3gress » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Thanks for your help mate.
They usually respond fairly quickly and thoroughly, i wish the wealth of info on the old adap' forum could be accessed by archive somehow. I last heard they were attempting to upgrade the forum, let's hope so.
Got it idling a little better at least. Disregard tacho, the needles need to be adjusted after revlimiter gauge install
.oh and shed mess.

hks_kansei
Speed Racer

Postby hks_kansei » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:08 am

Hopefully they get to you quickly, I guess it depends on what sort of. changes are happening at their end with the Haltech merger.

If worst comes to worse, I may have a direct email address for Mark Gool at adaptronic, pretty sure he's the guy I dealt with when I bought my ecu.

mx589
Racing Driver

Postby mx589 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 pm

This might get u by
https://web.archive.org/web/20180213064 ... /index.php

If not like other said jump on fb
Id just flash new firmware on the adaptronic if you can and go to Eugene see how you go or enter the dead times in manualy for your injectors

3gress
Racing Driver

Postby 3gress » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Cheers for the link, plenty of info there to read up on while going through the initial tuning process again.
I recieved a reply from Mark at Adaptronic, he explained that the 1000ccID injectors will always appear in the selection box upon opening corrections tab regardless of what option has been chosen and applied.
That explains why the DT/Battery voltage curve would always appear set for 850's even though it appeared that 1000's were selected.
I've always enjoyed playing with the dt wizard, getting the engine to lope and hunt like it was running huge cams, however i chose the ID's in part due to the preset profiles included with the 440 uni coding. 850's arent fully supported but running them on dead time flow is more accurate then close enough with the wizard. That and ID's have an awesome range in their duty cycles, capable of flowing accurate volume even at low milliseconds, and the short 850's get the fuel rail nice and close to the throttle bodies.
Thanks guys.

3gress
Racing Driver

Postby 3gress » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Shout out to Mark Gool for efficient and thorough support, and follow up replies. Customer service ++.

takai
Fast Driver

Postby takai » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Anyone using an NA M1200 to run a turbo BP with sequential COP ignition?

Wondering how it goes.

Return to “MX5 Audio, Electronics & Lighting”