AEM Intake heat shield

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Nevyn72
Speed Racer
Vehicle: ND - RF

Re: AEM Intake heat shield

Postby Nevyn72 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Lokiel wrote:I also duct air from the passenger-side foglight into the Cold Air Box to maximise fresh air input.

Which I'm sure will happen at some point in the future when Gina begins moving in the direction God intended...... :mrgreen:
"A Convertible has a top you can put down when the weather's nice...... A Roadster has a top you can put up when the weather's bad."

SKYHI
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: AEM Intake heat shield

Postby SKYHI » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Lokiel wrote:Not for the AEM CAI; I held off building the Cold Air Box until Dann routed the hotside plumbing under the car rather than via the SE OEM route because that would have meant that the hot-side plumbing was running through the Cold Air Box, making it less effective.

You could try something similar and possibly add insulation to the hotside plumbing inside the box to minimise heat transfer inside the box.

I also duct air from the passenger-side foglight into the Cold Air Box to maximise fresh air input.

Yeah, I've read through your thread and noticed the rerouted plumbing that made it possible. I still have the plumbing in place and was deciding whether it was worth the effort as is. Might just wait until i get the ECU, injectors and tune done and then get Dann to do the reroute at the same time. Then I'll do the airbox with cold air feed from the foglight as you've done.

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”