'The Mouse' is in da house

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: 'The Mouse' is in da house

Postby KevGoat » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:02 pm

I'm a big believer in the positive effects of these roll bars. One of the best mods can make for improving rigidity and NVH. But even if the naysayers are right, they always look great :wink:

Code4
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Code4 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:01 pm

KevGoat wrote:I'm a big believer in the positive effects of these roll bars. One of the best mods can make for improving rigidity and NVH. But even if the naysayers are right, they always look great :wink:

I've read discussions on these. Its hard to determine just by 'seat of the pants feelings' if rigidity is increased or not without some way of measuring. Structurally the torque bar is far more securely located than the cross bar with wind deflector it replaces.

The soft top boot cover still fits but not all the press studs do up as the fabric wraps around the rear hoop supports.
Never put the top up unless the storm has a name.

Code4
Fast Driver

Postby Code4 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:24 am

A few weeks ago I fitted a Nitro Dann S/S bolt on rear muffler assembly to my stock system in place of the generic 'performance' muffler which did provide a nice burble.

Installation was very easy and took less time than removing the old set up.The longer I have it the more I like it. About 15% louder than stock it gives more of a classic deep rasp sound and over 3K revs it sounds like a serious/legit system. Throttle response has greatly improved and the dip at 3K revs has all but dissapeared.

For those looking for more bling and pizzaz I'd highly recommend this addition to a standard car or as the rear end to a set of headers and performance mid pipe.

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Thu May 25, 2017 8:50 am

Get some hose an hose clamps to put on the end of the exhaust hangers, stops the possibility of the hangers slipping out.

Code4
Fast Driver

Postby Code4 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Magpie wrote:Get some hose an hose clamps to put on the end of the exhaust hangers, stops the possibility of the hangers slipping out.

Not a bad idea. Cheers.

Code4
Fast Driver

Postby Code4 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am

Well the 200K service is done and dusted. Had my local mechanics do it. They service the five cars in our family and do a top job. The best thing is they won't replace anything that is still serviceable, but will tell you when anything needs to be done in the future, rather than just charge you regardless. The office manager spent 11 years with the local Mazda dealer in their spares dept..

http://www.highfieldsmechanical.com.au/

Cost was $1,400.
I stipulated new water pump and tensioner spring.
The car starts first time everytime when cold, so no need to adjust the valve clearance as recommended in the factory handbook.
Woodruff key was in perfect condition and hadn't been butchered at the 100K service.
Crank angle sensor was working fine and the O-ring was in as-new condition.
I had replaced the gearbox and stock rear diff with the recommended Penrite oils at 180K. The diff had Penrite 80W-90. The diff oil was black and got replaced with Sin Go 60-140 Synthetic.
Engine oil was replaced with Edge Professional TWS 10W60.

Very happy with the service and the engine runs a lot smoother with the new belts.

They do a full check of the car as well and everything else, suspension, brakes, steering etc was in good condition. Here's to another 100K :)

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”