Gorgan the NB

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Gorgan the NB

Postby greenMachine » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:18 pm

The Green Goblin wrote: You can't immunise against a common flu.

BS. Yes you can, and millions do. You need to spend more time here, and steer clear of FB and their ilk.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:27 pm

Watchout, GG is going to storm Parliament!

Nevyn72
Speed Racer
Vehicle: ND - RF

Postby Nevyn72 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:03 pm

StillIC wrote:
The Green Goblin wrote: You can't immunise against a common flu.

I get a flu shot every year. Haven't had the flu since.

I find the flu shot incredibly effective, every time I've had one I got the flu.... :roll:
"A Convertible has a top you can put down when the weather's nice...... A Roadster has a top you can put up when the weather's bad."

The Green Goblin
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby The Green Goblin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:29 pm

haha.. sorry fella's i stirred the pot a bit re flu/vax stuff aye.. :wink:

I won't push my opinions on others, everyone has their own personal experience.. I will just say, there are synthetic, lab made concoctions with aborted fetus & aluminum ingredients which are said to be 'good' by so called 'medical experts', and then there are natural preventative/remedies, like garlic, honey, lemon, apple cider vinegar etc. which naturally strengthen your immune system & build good gut bacteria etc.

Some critical thinking can go along way when it comes to these things. Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself and make an informed decision - that means, looking at both mainstream and not so mainstream.

signing off with my stock standard - keep it real.. cause i try to keep it real too.

greenMachine
Forum Guru

What crap!

Postby greenMachine » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:23 pm

This is a car forum, not some lunatic corner of the interwebs. Take that crap elsewhere, it has no place here, I am not even going to dignify it by quoting it in my reply.

I hope the mods can remove this stuff, because if this forum becomes a platform for looney conspiracy theories and feelgood wellness, I for one am out.

I suggest those that feel the same way report both this post and GGs above, in the interests of preserving the integrity and nature of this place. I have done so already, but the more the merrier.

I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

StillIC
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StillIC » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:36 pm

GM +1.
WP:1.12.492 SMPN:1.16.403 SMPS:1.05.473 SMPGP:1.53.256 SMPB:2.22.181

The Green Goblin
Fast Driver

Re: What crap!

Postby The Green Goblin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:22 pm

greenMachine wrote:This is a car forum, not some lunatic corner of the interwebs. Take that crap elsewhere, it has no place here, I am not even going to dignify it by quoting it in my reply.

I hope the mods can remove this stuff, because if this forum becomes a platform for looney conspiracy theories and feelgood wellness, I for one am out.

I suggest those that feel the same way report both this post and GGs above, in the interests of preserving the integrity and nature of this place. I have done so already, but the more the merrier.

mate, calm down.

Re-read what i said.. why are you upset if i state my objective opinion? we are grown adults no? I'm not using this thread to promote & incite bad behavior.. as mentioned, I simply stated my opinion, like you have stated yours.. which i respect, i won't have a go at you. Please refrain from using terms like 'looney' & 'conspiracy' towards me.. not everyone will see eye to eye with your/mainstream narrative.

If a post like that hurt your feelings, then im sorry. can we all get back to car stuff.. keep the peace, put it behind you.

PaulF
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: What crap!

Postby PaulF » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:56 am

The Green Goblin wrote:objective opinion

One of these words doesn't mean what you think it means.

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:32 pm

I will not comment on peoples views on Covid- thats arguably not quite right for a car forum. However happy to chip in on car values/ The higher prices for NA have been surprising and its seems to have happened more quickly in the last 12 mths. It's now acknowledged that used car values have kicked up across the board but it's hard not to see much of that inflation falling away. When dealers start to get new car stocks the higher used cars prices are likely to reduce. The NA is an accepted lower end classic car and sooner or later it was going to increase its value but my view is that its over valued at present - its a great car we know that and its usable and enough around for spares and knowledge and a good choice for people wanting a enjoyable sports car which can also go on red plates at least in Vic.

Anyone watching Shannons Auctions in the past 12 months will be surprised to see the really high prices of special interest cars- I have not seen an MX-5 at all. Older Prosches are going for eye watering prices but vehicles like MG which arguably is the MX-5 of the 60's- 70s seem stuck under $25K- maybe an outstanding car can bring more but its perhaps a pointer to where MX-5 will go.

The Green Goblin
Fast Driver

Postby The Green Goblin » Wed May 12, 2021 11:02 pm

luzinit
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby luzinit » Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 pm

More details on the NA! How'd you go with selling the NB?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
Fast Driver

Postby The Green Goblin » Wed May 12, 2021 11:10 pm

luzinit wrote:More details on the NA! How'd you go with selling the NB?

the blue turd has sadly gone to a new home.. gutted seeing it drive off.. so many good memories, the new owner loves it though. may its rapid cornering and late braking capabilities forever remain in our hearts.

luzinit
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby luzinit » Wed May 12, 2021 11:15 pm

Actually that looks like a FD RX7.. lol

The Green Goblin
Fast Driver

Postby The Green Goblin » Sun May 16, 2021 7:01 pm

& there you have it.. the end of my time with one turd.. and commencement with the other.

initial thoughts & impressions:
- they are the same but different, both aesthetically & mechanically speaking (body lines, stance, centre of gravity, suspension/handling characteristics)
- regardless of how negatively people talk against rotors.. the power delivery is something else, it's a constant pull until 8k rpm. In stock form I'm surprised how hard it pulls.
- similar to the 5, the mistake i made was my intial drive of one, i was hooked right after.
- even though it's old tech, the sequential turbos are awesome.. In saying that;
- have i made a mistake?! time will tell.. rotor life bruh.. burn through apex seals, oil & money.
- whilst it's pretty tidy, it needs some love
- It will see drag and track duties.
- at this rate, i will probably lose my license.
- everyone stares with lust.. not good.

THE END? I will stop updating this thread, so if you're interested to see where the adventures of the FD take me, subscribe to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiy32vsaBj0VN2fDcmaWk5w/featured

Over'n'out.

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Mon May 17, 2021 8:54 am

Congratulations on the sale! Someone got a great car. Sadly for me I won't be getting a GV bonnet :frown:

I am very jealous of your new FD, it's a bucket list car for sure, rotary costs be damned! And yours looks very clean. If your NB is any example I'm sure it'll be well cared for and receive the best parts and upgrades. Enjoy in good health!

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”