Alex's white NA8 build.

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Alex's white NA8 build.

Postby greenMachine » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:16 pm

greenMachine wrote:
greenMachine wrote: ... I'll have to find those 17mm nuts and see if I can read the logo on them, ...

I found the buggers, 18 of them, I must have bought a couple of spares! All badly marked up by rattle guns except two that were half decent - but no logo. Interesting, I have a clear memory of a business name on the flat of the nut, might have been on some that I disposed of, or more likely it is age taking its toll!! There might have been something on the end cap, but the long wheel studs did for the caps the first time they went on. I checked the other site where I spend USD money, but nothing there that I recognise - of course these are nearly 20 years old probably and products come and go so who knows where these came from!?

I'm pretty sure the wheel nuts I am using now are the Supermiata ones - a 19mm set bought quite a few years ago. Later I bought another set off someone here BNIB to use when the ones on the car got too bad - but that need never arose, they are pretty much as good as new and have been on several cars over the years including my racecar!! :D

So again my apologies to the Supermiata crew, and keep up the good work - I keep telling people here to get a set of those poly-bronze bushes, but the Aussie $ is killing any USD sales at the moment as ML pointed out. For myself, I am eying off one of those shift knobs ...

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:18 pm

greenMachine wrote: ... I'll have to find those 17mm nuts and see if I can read the logo on them, ...

I found the buggers, 18 of them, I must have bought a couple of spares! All badly marked up by rattle guns except two that were half decent - but no logo. Interesting, I have a clear memory of a business name on the flat of the nut, might have been on some that I disposed of, or more likely it is age taking its toll!! There might have been something on the end cap, but the long wheel studs did for the caps the first time they went on. I checked the other site where I spend USD money, but nothing there that I recognise - of course these are nearly 20 years old probably and products come and go so who knows where these came from!?

I'm pretty sure the wheel nuts I am using now are the Supermiata ones - a 19mm set bought quite a few years ago. Later I bought another set off someone here BNIB to use when the ones on the car got too bad - but that need never arose, they are pretty much as good as new and have been on several cars over the years including my racecar!! :D

So again my apologies to the Supermiata crew, and keep up the good work - I keep telling people here to get a set of those poly-bronze bushes, but the Aussie $ is killing any USD sales at the moment as ML pointed out. For myself, I am eying off one of those shift knobs ...

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

rascal
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby rascal » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:54 pm

greenMachine wrote:I keep telling people here to get a set of those poly-bronze bushes, but the Aussie $ is killing any USD sales at the moment as ML pointed out:

Not to mention the 863 bushings are out of stock atm whilst they redesign them to reduce some issues they have been seeing. Hopefully the oz dollar returns a little by the time the new and improved versions are ready

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”