Daffy's SE

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

Daffy
Forum legend
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Daffy's SE

Postby Daffy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:40 pm

Hey all, long stint since the last post (been a hectic few months and then some!)
Just a quick catch up on recent Problem Child workings, the NVH from the ZF/CTS/V8 Roadster driveline took another bit of softening down. I figured that if we swap out the Nolathane bush from the Nitro Dann hot side engine mount and replaced it with a rubber one that may lessen the vibration. Daz had taken out the Nitro Dann hotside mount this week and on removing the Nolathane bush, we seen that they are the same size as the front control arm bushes. Looking on line though we couldn’t locate any rubber ones on the Gold Coast at the time. It was time to improvise again, and after some size comparison, we seen that there was an available (almost correct) size used in 1990’s Toyota Land cruiser leaf spring bush kit (SK647).
Retaining the crush pin and after some cutting to size and few “love” taps that seen the new rubber bush’s pushed the mount was reset.
The result was quite noticeable, with Highway driving most prominent and having far less vibration felt.
StanTheMan wrote:sweet, Its not all about huge hp.

viewtopic.php?t=73496

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:56 pm

That's very helpful feedback Daffy :NETPOINTZ: .

I have two hotside mounts in my box of bits to deliver to mania tomorrow, one being a fabricated PU 'competition' bush/mount, the other being Mazda competition rubber mount. Was leaning towards the rubber, I think you have pushed me over the edge! :)

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Roadrunner
coyotes after you

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:41 pm

I also have the Nitrodann engine mount and its vibrating of the dash at certain rpms is starting to wane on me. I've been told the bush is an NB rear upper control arm mount but haven't removed it to confirm.
I've been tempted to replace the bush with an IL motorsports rubber bush but IL only sell the rear upper in a kit of 3x at quite a cost when I only need 1.
MeepMeep

Daffy
Forum legend

Postby Daffy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:45 am

greenMachine wrote:That's very helpful feedback Daffy :NETPOINTZ: .

I have two hotside mounts in my box of bits to deliver to mania tomorrow, one being a fabricated PU 'competition' bush/mount, the other being Mazda competition rubber mount. Was leaning towards the rubber, I think you have pushed me over the edge! :)

:mrgreen:

Glad to be of assistance mate :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?t=73496

Daffy
Forum legend

Postby Daffy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:45 am

Roadrunner wrote:I also have the Nitrodann engine mount and its vibrating of the dash at certain rpms is starting to wane on me. I've been told the bush is an NB rear upper control arm mount but haven't removed it to confirm.
I've been tempted to replace the bush with an IL motorsports rubber bush but IL only sell the rear upper in a kit of 3x at quite a cost when I only need 1.

Daz praised how well the NitroDann mount was put together, I was originally going back to the the SE mount, but this works much better. The Landcruser bushes do need to be cut to size with a bit of lube spray to get them in (the original crush pin fits well once the bushes are in. Attached is what prices I found. Bursons had single mounts in stock for sale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viewtopic.php?t=73496

Daffy
Forum legend

Postby Daffy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:14 am

Finally got my pod for the Haltech CAN gauge- should get time in the next couple of weeks to finally get it in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viewtopic.php?t=73496

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”