Joe's NB8B

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Joe's NB8B

Postby greenMachine » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:03 am

Thanks Joe. Big loss!! :cry: :frown:

Knowing a little of the history of motorsport in that precinct, and the tight controls on the hillclimb next door, I suspect

1. exclusion (or possibly just non-inclusion) of motorsport in his insurance policies (possibly his lease too);

2. ACT government sensitivity to noise complains from residents across the NSW border (see hillclimb), especially if he has a lease renewal coming up soonish.

As you say, MGCCC have run these for donkeys years with no drama, paid their hire fees, providing lots of fun for and training for grown-ups and not-so-grown-ups. Including me (not saying which category I fall into!)!

I wish you and your colleagues good luck with a replacement venue, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby ManiacLachy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:50 am

That sucks, and ultimately short-sighted. I'm thinking insurance pressures as well.

Jeo
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Jeo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:20 pm

And the 2023 Australian Motorkhana Championship is run and done.

Is the second time I've run this event but the first was almost a decade ago. A couple of flag hits saw me well off the pace, but even without those penalties I was safe in my position of 4th/4 in class. End result was 47/62 overall.

Weather was stupid. Saturday practice was the first time in a years where I didn't drive the whole session. The car did fine, but I just couldn't cope with back to back runs in the heat. Still got 20+ runs in though which is more than a whole day of competition usually contains so that was fun. Also managed to spend most of my time practicing the reversing tests which we don't get to do in Canberra, so that's always a good experience.

Sunday was race day and somehow it was even hotter than the day before. The wind somewhat helped to cool things down in the morning but then later called a premature finish to the competition after gusts kept rearranging the courses. Wasn't particularly happy to only get half a day of driving in, but was very happy to get out of the sun.

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”