hoodedreeper's NC1 Sport

Chat to do with your MX5/Miata/Eunos Garage Ride(s).

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, -alex, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

hoodedreeper
Fast Driver

hoodedreeper's NC1 Sport

Postby hoodedreeper » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:00 am

Hello! It's certainly been awhile since I left MX5 ownership. I've previously owned 3 NAs, my biggest project being The Purple Monster

I stripped the car for parts in 2018 to fund my R34 GTT. I've built a couple of daily driver's in the mean time and as yesterday (24th August 2022) I'm now back as an MX5 owner.

The car is a 2006 Sport model which includes 17" alloys,LSD diff, Bilstein suspension, 6 speed gearbox, heated leather seats and rear parking sensors.

Overall the car is in fairly good condition considering its 16 years old.

The biggest thing that lets it down is the paint damage on the front bumper

There's abit of oxidation on the headlights which seems to be common the earlier NC models

The dull overcast UK weather wasn't helping with the photos, but in direct sunlight the Galaxy Grey paint really shines well and has a gorgeous gold pearl

The roof is in great condition, no visible tears or damage. Luckily it hasn't started to bubble along the front edge like some do.

The interior is in decent condition, it could do with a good clean though

57k miles on the clock (almost 92k km) was another thing that drew to purchasing the car

Not much to say about the engine bay, except it needs a good clean too

hoodedreeper
Fast Driver

Re: hoodedreeper's NC1 Sport

Postby hoodedreeper » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:01 am

Viewing the car on a drive way is more trickier, some owners are happy to get it on a ramp or even jack the car up. But I didn't want to be a nuisance or be cheeky so I did the best I could.

The inner sills looked in good condition from what I could see. Obviously I couldn't remove the side skirts to inspect it properly.

There's a few areas that look bad 'should' just be surface corrosion.

Talking of surface corrosion....

It looks much worse than it is (I hope!) Luckily this can all be removed and either cleaned up & painted or replaced for new.

I've always gone head first into builds and getting stuck in straight away, but unfortunately my bank account needs some time to breathe from all of the spending as of late. Plus life has changed quite alot since the purple NA as I now have 2 daughters. So the updates may be abit slower than normal.

With the last project I decided to restart my Youtube channel and documented everything as a guide/how to (its abit of a neiche car,so guides were limited). I plan on doing the same but perhaps more of a blog rather than guides.

I'd really appreciate it if you could head over and gave the channel a subscribe https://www.youtube.com/c/hoodedreeper/featured

I look forward to making a start

PaulF
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby PaulF » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:53 pm

UK rust is brutal, most NAs have less rust than that in Oz!

I remember that NA; an earlier iteration of it still features in my wallpaper rotation.

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:50 pm

Yeah that build was insane and entertaining. Be interesting watching where this one goes ......

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Jeo
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Jeo » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:45 pm

Well that's a name I haven't seen in probably a decade? Good to see you're still around!

Return to “MX5 Garage Chat”