NON club endorsed track day on Feb 21st 2009 - QR

Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

16bit
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A - Supercharged

Postby 16bit » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 am

As above just wondering if anyone would like to join me going to a Saturday Sprint session in February of next year at Queensland Raceway. Its on the 21st of Feb (only a few weeks - first is March 5 - before the first club event but I won't be able to wait and will be going to both) - for those that have been you know the drill, for those that haven't:

You will need get an AASA lisence which can be purchased on the day for about 25 dollars for the day of 55 for a year.

a few weeks prior you will need to fill out a from found here.

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/events/entry_forms.html

Currently 2008 forms are there but in the new year 2009 will be available

The cost if you submit your form prior is about 99 dollars (might change but I don't think so).

Things to remember are:

- Make sure your brakes are a very good working order (in fact its probably best if you have not had a recent service to get one)
- Remove anything from your car that is not needed (loose only) because you will have to take it out before you get on track and leaving sh*t all of the pits is a pain.
- Make sure your tyres are in good nick if you don't have semis which is probable if you have never been to the track before. Also ensure you check your tyre pressures to be within the required specs of your car and the tyre
- Bring a tool kit if you have one - you never know - also bring lots of tape and zip ties
- DO NOT remove your spare wheel before you get there to save weight as you never know what could happen.
- Bring food, a seat and sunscreen as on most track days only the vending machine is working and there are no seats in the pits
- You must have an australian standard helmet with the red and silver sticker on it - if not you can hire one for 5 dollars from them.
- You must wear full length clothing that is NON flamable with closed in non flamable shoes - gloves are not needed.
- Most of all have a great time - it is a lot of fun and very adictive.

Hope to see you all there! Have a great christmas.
98 evo gold - rotrexed and loving it.

This post has been printed using recycled pixels

Boags
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby Boags » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am

I'll be skiing Pamporovo that day... 8)

Have fun. :mrgreen:
Spartan Motor Sport : http://www.SpartanMS.com.au

16bit
Speed Racer