night cruise up Mt. Nebo/Glorious. Friday 27th June.

Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

Tezzax5
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB SP

Re:

Postby Tezzax5 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:28 am

Why does it have to happen when i got another cruise happening :([/quote]

there are 3 other chapters holding runs this month Tien 8)[/quote]

So which weekend would you prefer them to use for an informal run :?:

Can someone please explain to me why...If a few of the people on this forum decide to go for a run together then why all the tension?
1..They don't compete with a sunday run against the...organisation
2...They never advertise their runs on the organisation's website or forum
3...I would much rather read about these people getting out and doing things then hearing second hand stories of them sitting in a pub and getting wasted or worse.
4.. If i can ever get the time off i will most certainly attend one of their informal runs...(that is if old fuddy duddies like me are invited)

Boags
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby Boags » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 am

I'm up for go karting... 8)
Spartan Motor Sport : http://www.SpartanMS.com.au

AJ
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Re:

Postby AJ » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Tezzax5 wrote:Why does it have to happen when i got another cruise happening :(

AJ wrote:there are 3 other chapters holding runs this month Tien 8)

Tezzax5 wrote:So which weekend would you prefer them to use for an informal run :?:

Can someone please explain to me why...If a few of the people on this forum decide to go for a run together then why all the tension?
3...I would much rather read about these people getting out and doing things then hearing second hand stories of them sitting in a pub and getting wasted or worse.
4.. If i can ever get the time off i will most certainly attend one of their informal runs...(that is if old fuddy duddies like me are invited)

you're taking me the wrong way tezza, I have nothing against anyone holding an informal run. end of story.

Jaron (jcs86) was questioning the actual benefit of joining the club, THAT is what i was responding to........& if the informals weren't held on a Friday night, but rather a Saturday afternoon/night, then I would be keen as well :mrgreen:

All I was suggesting (with no tension whatsoever) was that the opportunity is there for them to utilise the club infrastructure (another benefit from being a member) & have some really great turnouts for any fri/sat runs.................I for one, NEVER tell any of my run organisers how they should set their runs up on the Gold Coast, & I think that's why our runs this year have been so successful, because each run organiser has different ideas to implement & it has kept the interest up for attending club runs, all I do is guide them on the promotion of their run & give them any assistance they need to formulate it, then on the day, I'm there as an alternative group leader if needed.

I'd extend the same courtesy to anyone who sets a run up for a Saturday.......................as for which weekend could they use for it, all I said was, as long as it doesn't clash with a GOLD COAST run weekend if held on the GC, that leaves 3 other weekends they can use.............similarly, if a run was to be held in Brisbane, I'd expect the same courtesy to be extended to the Brisbane Chapter leader for HIS scheduled club weekend.

I ENCOURAGE anyone who wants to set up a run for a Saturday on the Gold Coast to get in touch with me, & I'll help them in any way I can, always. 8)

I wanna see these young guns on Club outings, it's an element that has been missing for far too long IMHO, I'm just trying to rev them up to get involved......the club is NOT a bunch of old farts, gumming their biccies & slurping their tea :P :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often
XMX5 Rogues

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Yeah, I don't drink tea. :mrgreen:

rwf
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB Roadster

Postby rwf » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:09 pm

lol
:lol: :lol:
SOLD. MX-5 NA 2F RACE CAR -LAKESIDE 1:04.91 -QR Clubman 1:06.3608
SOLD. Mx-5 NC 2007
Mazda 3 sp25 2015
MX-5 NB

kitkat
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Re:

Postby kitkat » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm

AJ wrote:the southern clubs are NOT a bunch of old farts, gumming their biccies & slurping their tea :P :lol:

Fixed :lol:

*runs & hides*

But i agree with AJ, Katie and I joined a few years ago when we were 19yrs old and im pretty sure we were the youngest members at the time. The club has always taken well to us and we've had some great times.

I remember the first club run we went on, Jim led a group of about 7 on a run down to Byron, each of the following club runs we went on the group became bigger... its pretty normal these days to have a club run with 30+ cars. :mrgreen:

corners
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - Supercharged

Postby corners » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Tezzax5 wrote:Why does it have to happen when i got another cruise happening :(

So which weekend would you prefer them to use for an informal run :?:

Tezza, thanks for seeing it from my side.
You and anyone else is welcome to join at anytime!

AJ wrote:Jaron (jcs86) was questioning the actual benefit of joining the club, THAT is what i was responding to........& if the informals weren't held on a Friday night, but rather a Saturday afternoon/night, then I would be keen as well :mrgreen:

AJ, i was simply stating that i didnt think I needed to pay $90 to organise an informal cruise?

I have been involved in the past with running a forum which held many events from BBQ's to social outings to skidpan events and it was never a registered club and ran quite well.

As for getting cheap track days parts etc, I have many contacts in the motor industry as I worked in it for many years, i also have a friend who visits japan a lot and can get parts quite easily from there so that is not an issue.

I also know a friend who works at QR and has extensive contacts there.

I don't see anything appealing about joining any car club just yet?
I emailed the MX-5 club asking for more information and was simply emailed an application form! Helpful, isn't it?

This is why i don't tend to post on forums much because as soon as you do you simply get slagged out by all these people behind their keyboards!
Steampunk wrote: Oh you've got Ohlins? You must like drugs too!!!

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Clearly, a club is of no benefit or good to you jcs86. Nobody is going to twist your arm, so have fun and enjoy your car.

corners
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - Supercharged

Re:

Postby corners » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm

JBT wrote:Clearly, a club is of no benefit or good to you jcs86. Nobody is going to twist your arm, so have fun and enjoy your car.

I never said it would be no benefit, I simply was trying to state that no-one has explained the other benefits to me
Steampunk wrote: Oh you've got Ohlins? You must like drugs too!!!

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 pm

...no-one has explained the other benefits to me

The benefits to you are directly proportional to what you put into membership and club participation. That goes for any club. The list of benefits, apart from the fellowship and mutual interest aspects, are clearly shown on this forum and the club website and forum.

Click on the link under my signature and follow your nose for a browse around the club sites.

TieNN89
Speed Racer

Re:

Postby TieNN89 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:48 pm

AJ wrote:there are 3 other chapters holding runs this month Tien 8)

yes but that run looks/sounds very interesting
and its also the one thats has more chances of me having my mx-5 back before the cruise

Return to “Queensland”