Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Re: EOI: Mt Mee, Bellthorpe Range & Peachester Rd Drive

Postby Magpie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:42 pm

zero00 wrote:
JBT wrote:Sitting at Automotive Plus right now while the NA gets it's routine service, the NB at home DAMAGED!! Bloody letterbox!!!!

As Jason to see all the shinny parts for my NA :)

zero00
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby zero00 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Trackphotos wrote:Did you forget where your letterbox was? They don't normally sneak up behind you. :P

Absolutely Ross!! 6am car covered in dew and didn't wipe the windows or mirrors, was taking the NA for service and BANG!! Not impressed at all! It's not bad but I'm so mad at myself for it

Anyway got the service done at Automotive Plus then headed down to Extreme Motorsport and picked up the neck collar and some fresh numbers for both mine and Alan's Corolla. I said to the guy 'you got no number 9's and he was .. umm der [laugh] 'Try the sixes!' haha

Home via Alan's and hiding from the neighbours, they will give me hell about it BUT, you know my drive, it's single entry to a double garage!
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST
2000 NB8A-LP 69.1248|QR Clubman 71.9235|QR Sprint 68.1412
1989 NA6 B-SPEC #77|Toyota GTS86 MT

zero00
Speed Racer

Postby zero00 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Magpie wrote:
zero00 wrote:
JBT wrote:Sitting at Automotive Plus right now while the NA gets it's routine service, the NB at home DAMAGED!! Bloody letterbox!!!!

As Jason to see all the shinny parts for my NA :)

Was yours the red NA with white stripes?
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:11 pm

zero00 wrote:
JBT wrote:Good to see it has been vastly improved since the last time I drove it a few years ago.

First time for me was a Club monthly run with the Brisbane Chapter - after that I think the Club decided it freaked too many people out and would not be used again...

Not true Roger. It just didn't conveniently fit in with planned runs (at least from Brisbane) for a while, then it got very badly chewed up, pot holed and rutted (almost baby 4WD needed) and then, more recently, destroyed. I think I've been on at least four club runs that have used it.

zero00 wrote:Sitting at Automotive Plus right now while the NA gets it's routine service, the NB at home DAMAGED!! Bloody letterbox!!!!

Sorry to hear about that. :( It is very annoying when you think "if only I'd just taken another couple of minutes to clean the windows..."

Timbo
Driver

Postby Timbo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

so keen, saturday or sunday this weekend?

zero00
Speed Racer

Postby zero00 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:31 pm

JBT wrote:
zero00 wrote:
JBT wrote:Good to see it has been vastly improved since the last time I drove it a few years ago.

First time for me was a Club monthly run with the Brisbane Chapter - after that I think the Club decided it freaked too many people out and would not be used again...

Not true Roger. It just didn't conveniently fit in with planned runs (at least from Brisbane) for a while, then it got very badly chewed up, pot holed and rutted (almost baby 4WD needed) and then, more recently, destroyed. I think I've been on at least four club runs that have used it.

zero00 wrote:Sitting at Automotive Plus right now while the NA gets it's routine service, the NB at home DAMAGED!! Bloody letterbox!!!!

Sorry to hear about that. :( It is very annoying when you think "if only I'd just taken another couple of minutes to clean the windows..."

Not what I heard JBT - not sure who but I did ask about it and heard 'some members felt quite uncomfortable about the road' and it was preferred it not be used - you may remember the run, maybe late 2010 early 2011 - I had thought about using it but just steered clear thinking I'd hate for someone to have a massive 'panic attack' half way up or down and I do know how I felt first time going up! I will be going back in the next few weeks to have a look after the works have now been done but prefer the descent to the ascent

On the other, I didn't know brick letterboxes could walk let alone take ONE step sideways! Current score? Letterbox - 1 NB - 0

Will have it down to Albion for a quote later this week and then organise for the repair, just glad it wasn't the NA which will be going to 'Macleans Bridge at Lakeside'
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST

Trackphotos
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB Roadster

Postby Trackphotos » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Timbo wrote:so keen, saturday or sunday this weekend?

I'm up for Saturday, out for Sunday though. Top Gear at Lakeside, mad racing for $10 entry :D
QR Clubman: 1:03.9 | QR Sprint: 1:01.4 | QR National: 1:29.4 | LS: 1:01.5 | Mt Cotton: 51.6

zero00
Speed Racer

Postby zero00 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Trackphotos wrote:

I'm up for Saturday, out for Sunday though. Top Gear at Lakeside, mad racing for $10 entry :D

For me maybe after QR 20 May, I'm taking 'Speed Freak' so will depend on his rosters - also hope to be Lakeside Sunday
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 pm

zero00 wrote: Was yours the red NA with white stripes?

Nope mine is blue with a silver stripe, however it is not there at the moment. However some of its new parts are there waiting for it!

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:21 pm

zero00 wrote:
JBT wrote:
zero00 wrote:

Not what I heard JBT - not sure who but I did ask about it and heard 'some members felt quite uncomfortable about the road' and it was preferred it not be used - you may remember the run, maybe late 2010 early 2011 - I had thought about using it but just steered clear thinking I'd hate for someone to have a massive 'panic attack' half way up or down and I do know how I felt first time going up! I will be going back in the next few weeks to have a look after the works have now been done but prefer the descent to the ascent

"some members" does not equal Club policy Roger. There is no Club list of roads not to be used nor are there any not preferred roads and there never has been. Mate, I doubt anyone would have a "panic attack" driving the road - it has always been a blast in an MX-5 but wasn't when it's surface was a disgraceful mess. Climbing is the fun way to go on that road...as is the case with most winding/twisty roads. Looks fantastic again if the photos are any indication.

zero00
Speed Racer

Postby zero00 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks John - now looking forward to driving it again after seeing 'corners' photos!! Yeah, 'Listen to everyone then believe maybe 5%', thanks again
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST

speed freak
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby speed freak » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:17 pm

zero00 wrote:
Trackphotos wrote:

For me maybe after QR 20 May, I'm taking 'Speed Freak' so will depend on his rosters - also hope to be Lakeside Sunday

Hell yeah! Looks even better then I imagined. Im excited about this trip/cruise/mt run whatever you want to call it lol. Ill have my go pro back soon so I might bring it along for the good sections ;) Roster shouldnt change for about a month or 2 now so hopefully after the QR track day we can go.

Sad to hear about the NB Roger. Bloody letterbox haha hopefully damage isnt too bad.

Kev05
Racing Driver

Postby Kev05 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 pm

speed freak wrote:Sad to hear about the NB Roger. Bloody letterbox haha hopefully damage isnt too bad.

Make him an offer Rhys...he might drop the price by a few grand. :lol:

Steampunk
Speed Racer

Postby Steampunk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am

Sound good Jaron.
just set a date with at least 3 weeks notice, and let people sort themselves out.

I'll try to contact C.A.R. to see if he still lives up Mt Mee and see if he can bring out one of his cars.

zero00
Speed Racer

Postby zero00 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Kev05 wrote:
speed freak wrote:Sad to hear about the NB Roger. Bloody letterbox haha hopefully damage isnt too bad.

Make him an offer Rhys...he might drop the price by a few grand. :lol:

Sorry Kev - neither are for sale and never have been! :wink:
Roger D-SUNSHINE COAST

Return to “Queensland”