Dodgy Day/Sub-frame Help/Garage hangs!

Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

slug_dub
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Re: Dodgy Day/Sub-frame Help/Garage hangs!

Postby slug_dub » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 pm

I don't know what's happening in the next five minutes let alone a month from now! I should be ok to come for a day around then whichever weekend you make it, unless something redonculously urgent comes up. Haven't done a subframe before ... doesn't sound too hard :D

With our at home expert mechanics (sic) we usually estimate the time needed and multiply it by 3 and that gets close to accurate :)
The American wrote:hella sic stance flushing pard harker yolo something something.

CaptainNate
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby CaptainNate » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 pm

I kinda know that feeling! :P Well I think I might settle on the 9th of August then, being a saturday that'll give me Sunday as well incase something goes drastically wrong and I need to call my mechanic friend who will be working on Saturday. (Last time he lended me a hand he ended up going home broken hearted because we were 4 bolts away from finishing and one snapped haha)

If you can't make it on the 9th Rolley, will happily switch to the 10th so we can get some numbers. If not, I'll be able to come pick up the lifter and drop you off a 6-pack sometime during the week :)

Been researching a bit about different methods of how to go about this, does look pretty straight foward as long as we go steady. The link below is a 22 minute video on YouTube - I skipped through it and it seemed to explain it fairly well. Will watch closer when I get home.

Silver NA6 - [MXV092] - "Scarlett the Pinkbits Warrior" - Join us @ Stance Potato Racing - Non-Pretentious Car Culture!

CaptainNate
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby CaptainNate » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Just an update for ya'll.

Pushing this back til Saturday the 30th of August.

This also may give me time to get my new wheels to go straight on ready for an alignment! :D
Silver NA6 - [MXV092] - "Scarlett the Pinkbits Warrior" - Join us @ Stance Potato Racing - Non-Pretentious Car Culture!

Return to “Queensland”