Dodgy Day Round 4 29/11/14

Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Dodgy Day Round 4 29/11/14

Postby Magpie » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:30 pm

It seems a while since a dodgy day has been hosted in Brisbane. Who won the last dodgy day award?

Anybody interested in hosting/organising one?

I'm happy to offer my place (Purga near QR at Willowbank) on the Ipswich-Boonah road. 3 bay shed, a separate concrete slab and 2 car lock up. The 2 car lock up could be used for detailing. Trailer available for failed dodgy day work. Scales available to corner weight, best guess is about 2-3 cars could be corner weighted in a day.

I put my vote in for 29 or 30 November (when I am home next), location to be agreed by all coming.

Steampunk
Speed Racer

Re: EOI Dodgy Day Round 4

Postby Steampunk » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:19 am

IN!

Man ... I can't even remember when round 3 happened... let alone who won the dodgy awards (which are still in my possession thanks to Veloce)

Thanks for putting your hand up again Magpie, I'll rouse up the usual suspects.

See ya's there!

Andrew

corners
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - Supercharged

Postby corners » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:20 am

I'm interested.
Steampunk wrote: Oh you've got Ohlins? You must like drugs too!!!

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby ManiacLachy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:29 am

How do you win a dodgy day?

The general idea is everyone comes together to help each other complete jobs on their cars, right?

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:44 am

Dodgy Day Round 3 - http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=758584#p758584

No award was given out that I know of, not sure if hot chicken wings were served either.

If anybody else wants to host make a post and or let Steampunk know.

A dodgy day is a get together of people, knowledge, experience and tools to get jobs done on people's car and possibly help save on costs. However previous experience tells that doing a clutch on dodgy day is very ambitious (those involved know who they are). Notwithstanding clutches, roll bars installed, cars detailed, exhausts changed, slow power mirrors sped up, gauges installed you name it. The aim of the day is to not leave any cars behind when the day comes to an end.

In general people discuss what jobs they want to do (especially big jobs) and people come to help, watch, take photos and eat chicken wings. Think of it as a social day where dodgy things are done to cars :) At the end of the day a Dodgy Day award that is given out on the day for the most dodgiest thing done.

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:31 am

Gottcha :wink: Sounds like what I was thinking it was.

Well, I'm keen. I think I'm in need of a foamectomy, so if anyone's done that before I'd appreciate the help. And maybe in for a coilover install as well, if I can convince the treasurey to release the funds. :roll:

At the very least I'm keen for a drive out to Ipsiwch (or anywhere) to meet and hang out with other MX-5 owners. Chicken wings are an added bonus! :mrgreen:

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Coilovers not a problem. I reckon in a day we could do this as well as corner weight it as a bonus!

CaptainNate
Racing Driver

Postby CaptainNate » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Keen as anything for this.

Clutch anyone? :P :mrgreen:

Again, if I have the weekend off (may just take it off anyway if I can....) more than happy to turn spanners. Have expanded my knowledge a tad since last time. :)

Coilover install would be very quick with one person working each side. Even quicker with four pairs of hands haha.
Silver NA6 - [MXV092] - "Scarlett the Pinkbits Warrior" - Join us @ Stance Potato Racing - Non-Pretentious Car Culture!

Faster Pastor
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Faster Pastor » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Sounds like a good plan. Wouldn't mind getting together with MX5 guys myself. Purga is in my neighbourhood.
BTW I have a Sports Exedy Clutch only used on a few occasions and mounted on a flywheel (NB 1.8) if anyone is interested. I was thinking to lathe the flywheel down to take some weight off.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Exedy-Heavy- ... 3ce99f465d
Car 316
Sprints and Racing
QR National 89.0; Clubman 64.2; Sprint 61.9
Lakeside 64.4

timk
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby timk » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Keen if not busy!

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Suggested dates? I guess if we're doing it at Magpie's then we'll have to wait for him to move back first :wink:

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:42 pm

I have already moved to Purga! This is cars new home, the other 2 bays have stuff in them now (un packed boxes). The trailer is already under cover and you can see the small concrete slab to the right of the tank.

New Home on Flickr

Suggested dates are 29 or 30 November...

slyfox2151
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby slyfox2151 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:32 pm

This sounds like fun!
Having just bought my MX-5 3 weeks ago, There is still a lot I don't know about... and I don't really know anyone else with an mx5.

I have some minor things I would like to fix on my car, Replacing the O2 sensor, Straitening up the rear panel, Tips and tricks on fixing up the paint ect.

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Awesome Magpie, I think I can make those dates work. Sunday is the better day for me. Nothing confirmed yet, but I have a few projects I would like to get organised to tackle.

slyfox2151, welcome! If you're interested in meeting a few like minded owners, a bunch of us meet Saturday and Sunday mornings at the southbound Super BP service station, north of Brisbane near Burpengary. Checkout the thread below for more details, and I hope you can make it along :mrgreen:
http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=57766

slug_dub
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby slug_dub » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:48 pm

I would certainly be up for this dodgy day! Will bring things to do to the car this time :mrgreen:
The American wrote:hella sic stance flushing pard harker yolo something something.

Return to “Queensland”