Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

Lokiel
Forum legend
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Dodgy Day Round 4 29/11/14

Postby Lokiel » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 am

Nevyn72 wrote:
Magpie wrote:Plus there is an air body saw, air grinder and other cutting implements including a sledge hammer.

So what types of 'cutting' do you normally do with this particular tool?! :shock:

I know one bloke who probably could have used it last week - doubt you would have got it back though since the cops would need it for evidence.
Don't worry about dying, worry about not living!
Garage Thread: http://www.mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=76716

slug_dub
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby slug_dub » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Hmmm let me think what could I do...
Twin hoop bar
Frame rails and butterfly brace
Front lip
Finish my doorcard
Make up a new intake with IAT
If I can get my butt into gear and wire up the loom... I do have an MS3 to go in the car... Grant you may recall this one 'twas built for an gent who was going to run it in his grey nomad machine... I still didn't make wiring for it yet!
The American wrote:hella sic stance flushing pard harker yolo something something.

gslender
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby gslender » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:17 pm

slug_dub wrote:I do have an MS3 to go in the car... Grant you may recall this one 'twas built for an gent who was going to run it in his grey nomad machine... I still didn't make wiring for it yet!

Well, we could get a lot done on that if you wish... just need a DIYBOB or something to plug into the stock harness (or even just wire it up directly using terminal blocks so you can put the stock ecu back if the MS3 doesn't get you home - dodgy but would be in the spirit of the day I guess).

Obviously to help you, I'd bring all my electronics bits and tools to whip that up as quick as I can - would just need a shady spot on a desk to do the work.

G
MX5 91 NA6 LE completely stock and loving it!
MX5 92 NA8/ITBs Silver "aka Track Beeotch"

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:27 pm

The old harness is still in my NA6 so you could remove part of this harness if needed. I was planning to pull it out anyway.

I have a fair bit of low voltage wiring stuff/plugs/soldering irons/crimps/wire/loom at home if needed.

sailaholic
Speed Racer

Postby sailaholic » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Is this also doubling as the QLD itb day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:31 pm

sailaholic, whilst this was not my intention it looks like it will be. ITB MX5's all with bonnets open would be a great shot.

slug_dub
Racing Driver

Postby slug_dub » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Grant... I will let you know before the day my level of readiness so you don't unnecessarily bring anything you don't have to! :mrgreen:
The American wrote:hella sic stance flushing pard harker yolo something something.

ausbuoy
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6 - Turbo

Postby ausbuoy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 pm

If S D isn't ready, I have an MS2 tuning challenge for you if you're up for it on the day:)
WAT WOULD WE DO IF WE WERE NOT AFRAID

Jelzahar
Driver

Postby Jelzahar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:47 am

I'd come up from the GC for a dodgy day :D would love to get my megasquirt running with gslenders help
Can offer lots of tools and a really powerful air rattle gun
Yellow NA8 that makes lots of noise

gslender
Speed Racer

Postby gslender » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:34 am

slug_dub wrote:Grant... I will let you know before the day my level of readiness so you don't unnecessarily bring anything you don't have to! :mrgreen:

No problems. Looks like a few are coming to play with MS2 so I'll bring the stuff I need regardless just in case.

ausbuoy wrote:If S D isn't ready, I have an MS2 tuning challenge for you if you're up for it on the day:)

Tuning challenge? What's the problems you're having? Send me a PM so that I can get a feel for the help needed.

Jelzahar wrote:I'd come up from the GC for a dodgy day :D would love to get my megasquirt running with gslenders help
Can offer lots of tools and a really powerful air rattle gun

Sure. Let me know where you're up to so that you and I are prepared as much as possible - send me a PM with details on where you've got to so far. Not sure we'll need an air rattle gun to install it, but good to know you have one should we need to screw the bitch'n ECU down !!

G
MX5 91 NA6 LE completely stock and loving it!
MX5 92 NA8/ITBs Silver "aka Track Beeotch"

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:28 pm

teampunk - 3kg chicken wings, hot sauce, tools, jack, car stands, witty banter
corners - WeberQ
magpie - venue, water, shade, camera, witty banter, 6 car stands, 2 ramps, large and small trolley jacks
Crapweasel - a buffer, a bunch of polishing pads, microfibre cloths and an array of polishing products.
Corners - possible buffing services

Big Jobs
ManiacLachy - Coilovers (+ corner weight). No issues doing this, take about 4 hours at a rough guess.
ManiacLachy - Intercooler. What do you need done, Lokiel has lots of experience in this area. Would need to be done after coilovers/corner weight.
ManiacLachy - Foamectomy. Any attendees willing to help with this?
slug_dub - Frame rails and butterfly brace
slug_dub - Twin hoop bar

Detailing required:
Magpie's NA6

gslender tuning help:
slug_dub (MS3 possibility)
ausbuoy (MS2)
Jelzahar

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:38 am

Coilovers arrived this week :D

And I bought some zip ties for the foamectomy (uesd to re-attatch the seat cover). I bought a pack of 100, any idea how many a seat requires?

Haven't pulled the trigger on the intercooler yet, need to assess the finances first.

Looking forwrd to this day! :mrgreen:

pezchops
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby pezchops » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm

ManiacLachy wrote:Coilovers arrived this week :D

And I bought some zip ties for the foamectomy (uesd to re-attatch the seat cover). I bought a pack of 100, any idea how many a seat requires?

Haven't pulled the trigger on the intercooler yet, need to assess the finances first.

Looking forwrd to this day! :mrgreen:

i meant to mention when i saw you on Sunday for you to research a foamectomy with leather seats.
some peoples opinion is that leather does not stretch like cloth ,so stitching and the perforated
leather is put under extra stress.
i was thinking of doing it ,but i already have a small tear between the perforations on my seat.

pezchops
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby pezchops » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:08 pm

i might turn up, but all i would like to do ,if anyone is willing,is try a set of 15inch wheels on my car for a quick spin around the block.
apart from that i could lend a hand if needed.
i want to see for myself if all the hype about lighter wheels makes much difference for daily type driving.
my 17ins wheel and tyre are 16.8 kg ,so not over the top heavy??
i would need to feel a big positive difference to ditch them.

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 pm

pezchops wrote:i meant to mention when i saw you on Sunday for you to research a foamectomy with leather seats.
some peoples opinion is that leather does not stretch like cloth ,so stitching and the perforated
leather is put under extra stress.
i was thinking of doing it ,but i already have a small tear between the perforations on my seat.

Hmmm... food for thought, thanks.

Return to “Queensland”